Skip to content

Where can I find a gem bag?

Hi all, is it true that the only gem bag is carried by Neera?
If so I need one but can't find Neera anywhere :-(
Any thoughts?

Comments

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited February 2014
    Neera's in Beregost, north side. And yes, she has the only gem bag in BG:EE. Firebead across from Feldpost's has the only scroll case. Thalantyr sells the only potion bag.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Yes, there were no containers (scroll case, potion case or gem bags) at all in the original Baldur's Gate 1.

I am pretty sure Neera has the only gem bag in BG: EE. Are you playing on a computer or tablet? If tablet, Neera might not be in your game if you haven't bought her.

If she is in your game, she should be found in Beregost, on a main road, so pretty hard to miss.
  • EldraneEldrane Member Posts: 56
    Ok so I'm playing on iPad extra £1.99 for Neera...rats need her bag not her..
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Another reason why it sucks that Neera has the bag...

I'm not 100 % sure, but I think you can install non-WeiDu mods (just drop files in override folder), so it might be possible to ask a modder for a simple edit that adds a gem bag (and possibly other items you'd only get through DLC, i.e. Elven Chain - only bard armor, only in Dorn's quest) to one of the stores. It's no ideal solution, but might work.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    Heh, I bought Hexxat for BG2 just for her BoH, throw her out every time afterwards :)
  • Aozgolo108Aozgolo108 Member Posts: 79
    Can you use the Cheat Console in Ipad versions? It's possible to just add in the gem bag on PC with the right command, but I don't know if this is an option for mobile.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    @Aozgolo108

If it is possible, it's not easy. I think you need to jailbreak at the very least. It's beyond my technical abilities anyway. :)

@Eldrane

And on the extra cost of Neera and the other NPCs... remember that the game is about $10 cheaper on tablet compared to PC/Mac, so the cost of the extra content is supposed to make up the difference. It means I could get BG:EE on my Ipad a bit cheaper than PC, since I am not interested in any of the new NPCs except Neera anyway.

Also... just remember, back in the original game, no containers, much smaller stacks of stack-able items, and no pausing whilst in the inventory screen. Poisoned in combat and no anti-dotes in quick slot? Good luck. :D
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    You can also move save games back and forth using console, EEKeeper and whatnot on the PC before moving the savegame back to ipad.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/11504/transferring-bgee-saves-to-ipad/p1

You can even recruit the new NPCs on the PC version, then continue on the ipad with them without purchasing if you're violently opposed to paying the extra buck.
  • EldraneEldrane Member Posts: 56
    Hi all, thanks for all the advice
    Just to say I'm loving the game and think its great value
    Problem is I'm happy with my party so don't think I've got room for Neera, unless folks think she might replace one of them?

Khalid
    Kivan
    Jaheira
    Minsc
    Imoen : Dueled to Mage

WDYT?
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    edited February 2014
    Sure the ipad version is cheaper, but who in their right mind would pay the full DLC price only for a gem bag or elven chain? These items don't even have anything to do with the NPCs they attached to, and they are useful (if not essential - bard charname) for parties that don't use new NPCs.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/18108/item-mod-more-style-for-mages-ranged-wizard-s-staffs-circlets-robe-visual-tweaks-for-bg-ee/p1 --> see post by lunar on page 1; it worked on ipad and adds items to the High Hedge store, no need to copy anything back and forth (or purchase DLC or PC version). I'd ask if someone can make a simple mod like this that just adds a gem bag to FAI or High Hedge. Saves you the hassle in every new game.
  • HerrderGezeitenHerrderGezeiten Member Posts: 139
    Eldrane said:

Khalid
    Kivan
    Jaheira
    Minsc
    Imoen : Dueled to Mage

WDYT?

Minsc kick his butt!
    What did you do to Dynaheir?

• DungeonnoobDungeonnoob Member Posts: 315
    I had a encounter with 3 humanoids deep south named Larry,Harry and Barry something,i asked for their autograph and 1 of them gave me a scroll box.Could be random or maybee you just have to ask the right guy.