Skip to content

Noob Question about ToB?

I played a lot of the original BGII but I never had the expansion Throne of Bhaal, one thing I noticed when I finally got BGII:EE is that you have ToB as an option when you start similar to how Black Pits II is an option.

So just to help me clarify. Is ToB a totally separate campaign that occurs that I need to import my character from SoA or does it seamlessly integrate it's new content into SoA like TotSC did with the original BG? I'm a bit confused on this.

Comments

• MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    When you finish SoA, the party is exported to the ToB campaign. You can also start from ToB.

The only content integrated in SoA is Watcher's Keep, a dungeon, that you can do during SoA if you so desire.
  • wuthering20wuthering20 Member Posts: 39
    The plot of TOB happened after SOA. If you started from SOA, after beating final boss and some dialogues it would automatically transmit into TOB.

However, there's a side quest location common to SOA and TOB. You can visit there as early as chapter 2.
  • Aozgolo108Aozgolo108 Member Posts: 79
    So my only other question is... once I'm in ToB do I have any opportunity to return to any SoA areas?
  • wuthering20wuthering20 Member Posts: 39
    Nope. Except for Watcher's Keep mentioned above.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    if you want to go back to SoA from ToB and vice versa you need to use the handy dandy cheat codes MoveToArea