Skip to content

Bug? Keno + monks go hostile

Possible spoilers.

I'm doing Hexxat's questline where I have to go into Shuo Long (sp?)'s tomb. Run into the ghostly monks, I say I'll help them.

Trouble is, the moment *any* one of them dies for any particular reason, every other monk goes red. Is this intentional? How is this preventable? As soon as a party member walks through the door, all the monks beeline right towards the mind flayers at the other end of the Crypt of the Scholars. Invariably one of them will either get a) Dire Charmed, b) stunned/killed. Surely this has to have been tested, right?

Comments

• LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    Yeah, as far as I was able to guess is that the monks are temporarily assigned you as if they were your "summons" and therefore if one gets dire charmed/confused and attacks the others, they all seem to think that you were the one responsible :)

This isn't the only situation. NPC and summons could've been smarter in this regard; I, for instance, can't get around the fact that I can't send Fire Elementals to area where I have cast Fire Storm. Or can't send a fireball after them, when they engage the enemy. Apparently being immune to fire isn't enough for them not to turn hostile.
  • SpiderEternalSpiderEternal Member Posts: 2
    This might be a little too late, but I wanted to post about how I solved this problem so that others won't suffer. In my game, I allowed the monks to activate their scripts, and then I ran away as far as I could. They murdered every umber hulk, then I used a thief to hide and creep close, until I knew they weren't mind controlled. You can hear the birdies while it's active. Once they were of right mind, I aggroed the mind flayers and ran away again. They butchered them. No one died, no one got aggro. You miss out on XP, but at least you bypass the problem.