Skip to content

Using BG2:EE soundsets in BG:EE

NihilusNihilus Member Posts: 192
To be honest, I wasn't sure where to open this thread. It would be cool to have all the soundsets available in both BG:EE and BG2:EE as a feature, but I will be just as content if someone tells me how I could do this myself manually. There seem to be plenty of tutorials showing how to add custom soundsets in BG:EE or BG2:EE, but I didn't come across any that shows how I could extract a BG2:EE soundset and insert it to BG:EE.

Comments

• NihilusNihilus Member Posts: 192
    Bump. This is probably needed for the sake of immersion as well. It doesn't really make sense for Gorion's ward to sound like a totally different person after being captured by Irenicus.
    O_BruceCrevsDaak
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Agreed.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    Sadly, I've been making this very same request since BG1:EE was first released, but nothing has materialized yet.
    Surely there must be a way to do this manually at least?
  • SmilerSmiler Member Posts: 13
    edited February 2014
    The "sounds" folder, located in the "lang" folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\lang\en_US\sounds being the default if you got the game through steam) appears to be the location of the sound sets. They have duplicate names to the BG1 sounds, but if you rename them (there's an 8 character limit) and transfer them over, that should give you the extra soundsets.

EDIT: Just tested. Seems to work fine.
    EDIT: Male6, Female5 and Female6 appear to be the same in both games (they also only go a-m, rather than a-z like the other BG2 soundsets) so don't bother transferring them over.
    Post edited by Smiler on
    ^ Works on the test screen, but not in actual game. My PC seems mute there.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The next patch will support it the way @Smiler described.
    NihilusCrevsDaak
  • SmilerSmiler Member Posts: 13
    @Nihilus ah, fair enough. I just played it on the test screen and was just "job's a good 'un", without actually seeing if it worked in-game.