Skip to content

Importing into BGII questions

Hi, I am currently at the beginning of Chapter 7 in BG:EE, and I haven't done the new characters' quests (except Dorn's, but in another game that I gave up). Do you recommend to do them if I use my final save to import into BGII:EE ? I read that you can only "pre-romance" the new characters in BG:EE, but does it have any influence on the romances in the sequel ?

And what about the Black Pits, which I only briefly tried playing ? Is it possible to import a character from the main game into The Black Pits to get more experience (I play with the Remove XP Cap tweak), and then into BGII:EE ? Are there downsides to doing this apart from the loss of inventory, which, I guess, means that you cannot import the Golden Pantaloons ?

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Apparently the next big patch (not the one currently in beta) will import more variables; I suppose that means the EE companions romances and quests at the very least. Seeing as that patch is nowhere near though you might not want to wait around for it. I know I recently gave up on that. If they're not much of a hassle though you may as well do them imo.

You can throw characters back and forth between TBP and the games, yes. I'd say the backside would be playing a character that is overpowered compared to most of the content, thus making it easy, but that's preference isn't it.