Skip to content

Hexxat Proficiencies

I'm agonizing over picking Hexxat's weapon proficiencies, mainly because she's so far from what I would natural choose for a thief. Trying to decide what to pick for level 12 and level 16 slots (most of SOA).

Current Proficiencies:
Short Sword
Dagger
Club
Single Weapon Styles

Proficiencies I would like:
Katana
Pros: High base damage, celestial fury. Would want to take it early to get the most mileage out of CF.
Cons: Rare weapon type.

Quaterstaff
Pros: Very easy to find, highest backstab damage with staff of the ram
Cons: No dual wielding, always seemed weird to me.

Shortbow
Pros: The safest weapon for her to wield. Especially useful for outside daytime encounters.
Cons: Feels like a waste given her super strength, and I like backstabs.

2 Weapon Style
Pros: 2 attacks per round! If I don't take this she's 1 attack per round.
Cons: It's still -2 main hand -6 off hand

Scimitar
Pros: Belm/Spectral Brand
Cons: Not many scimitars, and eventually belm's +2 isn't going to cut it (unless dual wielding)

Comments

• SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    edited February 2014
    Shortbow and Tuigan followed by longsword (Blackrazor?) using Kundane for the extra attack in melee when you need to go close. I would not dual wield - she's just too squishy for always frontline and switching dual wield to ranged is just too much hassle. Plus THACO issues...

Short Sword of Mask or the +3 you get for the thieves quest for backstabbing till you get a good longsword and the req. prof at 16.

At 20 you can take quarterstaff for backstabs with ram which you probably won't get earlier anyway.
  • Stasis_SwordStasis_Sword Member Posts: 91
    Skaffen said:

Short Sword of Mask or the +3 you get for the thieves quest for backstabbing till you get a good longsword and the req. prof at 16.

I have other plans for longswords (and Blackrazor in particular) ;)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited February 2014
    I'd probably just go Shortbow and then Katana.
  • Stasis_SwordStasis_Sword Member Posts: 91
    Okay so currently leaning towards:
    12: Shortbow
    16: Katana
    20: Quaterstaff