Skip to content

Boo's NPC Polls Part 1: Who's your most Beloved Bard

booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
Hey!
Gonna make some polls on NPCs by class and race. Starting with Bards!
Please give your choice and maybe a little explanation if you would like
  1. Boo's NPC Polls Part 1: Who's your most Beloved Bard105 votes
    1. Garrick (His music has charms to soothe my savage breasts)
      22.86%
    2. Haer'Dalis (He makes me readier than a red-cheeked maiden, my friend!)
      49.52%
    3. Eldoth (Only shallow people don't judge him by appearance)
      15.24%
    4. Just show me the results (this option does NOT mean "all of the above")
      12.38%

Comments

• Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Garrick is too silly for my taste and Eldoth ... well, I wouldn't trust him as far as I can kick him. So Haery for me.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    I find Garrick a great supplement to my team in BG - I wish we had more Garrick kind of NPC bard in BG2EE.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

The first one who will play a ballad about our epic battle! >:c

@jackjack they are accusing you! Our Skald certainly had much ale!
    Haer'Dalis is my favorite. Also, he is a very powergamable character.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Because of the way he speaks and acts, I always think of Garrick as gay in my head canon, even though he is officially straight. I especially love the way he often says "Yesss, siiir!" with that sultry voice of his after I give him an order. I could swear he's flirting with me.

My head canon nickname for him is "Boytoy", and that's what I call him when I play the game with him.

I am also forever defending him against constant accusations regarding his competency as an adventurer. I always give him bow proficiency as soon as he hits level 6, lots and lots of magic arrows, and lots and lots of wands, and he does a good job. His ability to identify items is also quite useful, freeing up other party spell slots for offense and defense. Since he outlevels all mages throughout the game, he's also quite good at casting any and all scaling spells, and he does it better than the mages, despite that cute little "dumb blonde" routine he likes to put on.

Eldoth is a close runner up, because I like scruffy-looking nerf-herders, despite my better judgment. I just don't like that he is available to join so late in the game, and that he is tied to Skie.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    @booinyoureyes
    that makes WAY too much sense.
    I believe I have a new found respect for Garrick
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    edited February 2014
    i don't realy like the bards much but Garrick is ok, id never actually use him but hes an entertaining fellow
    I actually like him more for his minor parts in BG2 then in bg1
  • FablewyndFablewynd Member Posts: 79
    Haer'dalis; the character that made me fall in love with bards.
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    Fablewynd said:

Haer'dalis; the character that made me fall in love with bards.

I'm sure he would be able to reciprocate your love for him, had Bioware not cut his romance to fit the release schedule.
    Doubly so as he is bisexual, as evidenced in the underdark.

Me? I personally don't hold any love for his debauchery and lechery, and would much rather have had a man like Rasaad consorting with me. That is, if I wasn't so dazed by Viconia's charm, which wins me every time, regardless of what I intended to do originally.

• bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Boo thinks there are too many polls...
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    bbear said:

Boo thinks there are too many polls...

Just wait until he posts the pool: "Who's the best Villain". When he does, I would ready your fire extinguishers and hoses, for things are going to get ugly.
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477
    He just knows his way around the world, an important feat for leading a happy life without being used by anyone.
  • TwoWayFinesseTwoWayFinesse Member Posts: 128
    Realistically should be Haer'Dalis, but Eldoth wins by a glass of wine.
    plus he doesn't run off with your bird.
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    Garrick is cute, and Eldoth is slimey/charming, but Haer'Dalis is a planeswalker and there's a romance mod for him.

And in the end, my heart goes where the romance mods are.

Besides, I like listening to him talk. He's rather poetic, and he can be surprisingly sweet and then surprisingly clever.
  • dustbubsydustbubsy Member Posts: 249
    I guess Garrick... I like his averageness. it seems realistic that not all your potential party members are powerful, gifted individuals. And it makes you doubly proud of the little fella when he takes down his first xvart.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Ha, finally a poll where I can vote for myself!

Besides playing as Actual-Eldoth in both BG1 and BG2, I also think he's the best representation of the bard class. He's a truly charming (not neccessarily lovable) rogue. His backstory and quest show he uses his charisma to get by, which the other bards don't. Garrick uses his poetry and music, so he gets a pass - but Haer'Dalis is just talking the bard talk, not walking the bard walk.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.