Skip to content

Stats aligned between BG and BGII for NPC's?

SedSed Member Posts: 790
I've looked through the forum but haven't found any confirmation for this so far (it was addressed in some of the fixpacks (dudleyfix) of old).

Will stats for characters that exist in both BG1 and BG2 be aligned (BG1 chars "boosted" to the right level)?
I know that Jaheira, Minsc, Edvin and Viconia all had some stats changed for BG2.

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    It is important that tome additions are considered as well
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    I'm in favor of this, although keep in mind if they boost Viconia she will become by FAR the best cleric. It's already arguable that she is, this would definitely make it concrete though. (She goes from 15 Wisdom to 18)
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited August 2012
    @Quartz: I think she was designed to be the best cleric anyway - even if her WIS is a point lower than Branwen's in the original game, she has 19 DEX, which gives her a substantial defensive boost...

Though I agree with ajwz that carrying over Tome points is absolutely vital, especially if you use them on "canonical" party members like Jaheira and Minsc.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    shawne said:

@Quartz: I think she was designed to be the best cleric anyway - even if her WIS is a point lower than Branwen's in the original game, she has 19 DEX, which gives her a substantial defensive boost...

Though I agree with ajwz that carrying over Tome points is absolutely vital, especially if you use them on "canonical" party members like Jaheira and Minsc.

Yeah, although keep in mind Branwen's strength is better than Viconia's. But that doesn't mean much once you either get her Ankheg Plate Mail or Drizzt's Mithril Chain Mail +4.

But yes, I agree she is more or less the best cleric. This would solidify it though.