Skip to content

Fun with mind flayer control circlets

For those that don't know, the control circlets you get in the illithid lair in the Underdark allow you to dominate any creature with NO SAVE. You can make 4, but if you don't want to use slayer form you need to use 2 to get through the doors.

That still leaves 2 extra ones to have fun with.

Dominating a dragon could be fun, the problem is they're usually alone. Twisted rune is great, Shangalar teleports right in front of you, and he can basically mop the floor with everyone else! He has a time stop, improved alacrity, a comet, dragon's breath, 2 meteor swarms, 4 abi dahlzims, a dark planetar, etc..

What have YOU used them for? I imagine you could wreak some havoc in the final ToB battle with these.

Comments

• bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Actually, you can keep all 4...Here's how:

You dont need to actually charm mindflayers to open the door. Just having one right next to the door will open it. All you need is chaotic command or some other ways to prevent stun/domination and lead one right next to the door.

Try one on Drizzt and he would slaughter his friends for you.
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    vangoat said:

He has a time stop, improved alacrity, a comet, dragon's breath, 2 meteor swarms, 4 abi dahlzims, a dark planetar, etc..

WHAT? How can he have those and not use a single 10th level spell? oO

• elementelement Member Posts: 833
    does it work on bosses ?

would be funny to use one on Bhodi or irenicus and have them clean up there minions for you
    @element Well, I know that you could CTR+Q Irenicus in Suldanesselar. From what I learned, he has plenty of unused spell slots :P
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    Lathlaer said:

vangoat said:

He has a time stop, improved alacrity, a comet, dragon's breath, 2 meteor swarms, 4 abi dahlzims, a dark planetar, etc..

WHAT? How can he have those and not use a single 10th level spell? oO

Because he always teleports in on the field of traps waiting for him. Poor guy never has a chance to get a spell off...
    edited February 2014
    @Skaffen
    I'll have you know that I routinely play this game without any thieves in party and he never cast any of those spells during time stop. He and Layenne represent two most common enemy mage tactics in the game. Shangalar with his symbols and Layenne with Meteor Swarm and Gate.

I anything, I pity the Beholder. Appears exactly where my skull traps are :D
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    edited February 2014
    I know the time stop routines, it was meant as a joke. Just play SCS, then they use their abilities! :)
    Post edited by Skaffen on
  • dun93oncrawlerdun93oncrawler Member Posts: 24
    neither the mind flayer nor the ulilithid (or however it's spelled) is getting the second door open to the big brian :( can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
  • adormituladormitul Member Posts: 63
    go slayer then pay in some temple to get you rep high again
  • dun93oncrawlerdun93oncrawler Member Posts: 24
    wait what does my rep have to be at cause, i'm disliked (5). and how do I go slayer? is it a mod or a cheat? cause I wanna finish it for once without cheating
  • iavasechuiiavasechui Member Posts: 274
    umm you go to special ability tab where you bhaalspawn powers used to be and select slayer?