Skip to content

A possibly terrible/wonderful idea for a roleplay involving Black Pits and Bhaalspawn.

NecomancerNecomancer Member Posts: 622
Though I doubt I'd ever have time to do this and organization would be a pain I had an idea at work that I thought I'd share.

Six players enter the game with their favorite/a appropriate CHARNAME. They all have the same past and are all bhaalspawn.

But are all different people. If I did this I would suggest we have this happen either the night Gorion was killed or before they even left Candlekeep. It happens to them as if it was all a dream and when it is all over they have no memory of it ever happening.

This might give people some roleplay opportunities they usually wouldn't have since I imagine most RP where everyone is claiming to have the same background and life is usually awkward.

But how do you explain something like this? Well, possibly you wouldn't. Perhaps Baeloth simply ment to summon a single person, but across the many planes of existence multiple versions of this person exist and the spell fractured and summoned many. I imagine no matter the explanation Baeloth wouldn't explain, being a, you know, dickbutt and all.

And if they all get along, they, could try Black Pits 2 and have a bunch of bhaalspawn who suddenly wake up, remember the first Black Pits adventure they had forgotten, and can compare histories and actions in an IC way. Preferably this would be done while in Irenecus's prison. I also imagine this might nearly lead to conflict at some points, either someone expressing joy at Imoen's death to a character who see's her as his little sister, or perhaps arguing over who Viconia would like more like childish babies.

Regardless, it'd give people a chance to RP a character who, I imagine, they rarely get to RP around other's with.