Skip to content

de'arsine keep question (bg2 obviously)

BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
so i'm playing through BGT again to get myself ready for the new release coming out of BG:EE, and the de'arsine keep is constantly on my mind, kind of an unfinished quest. (Spoilers possibly)

So, in the keep, you kill the trolls, and the boss troll starts to mention that he was hired to do the job. But that quest never seemed finished to me. I'm sure it was Isea or his dad starting the war, but the whole quest, while well done, never seemed to truely have a finish to it, even with the nalia quests and the small keep war (which i would love expanded, his army was 6 to 10 people, not even a challege, and to get the keep legit, you have to be a fighter, so it was disappointing it was so small.)

This is just an example, and maybe others feel that it was wrapped up nicely, but i'm playing the de'arsine mod that lets you romance nalia, and while it's not quite BG2 quality, it's still a good mod and makes the quest finally feel finished. There are other quests but this is the one that comes to mind. Do any of you feel this way as well, and if so, do you think/want them to finish/fix the quests that weren't finished. I know, NO MAJOR CHANGES, but i don't feel that finishing something that was left undone a major change. I see that more of a patch/bug fix.

Fallout 2 needs a patch/bug fix like that. :(

Comments

• drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
    I have great news for you about Fallout 2, there is a Restoration Project that patches 99% of the bugs in the game and adds in all the unfinished content(Quests, Maps/areas, NPCs, Items etc). A newer version will be out in the next year but give a this playthrough. Its incredible the work that went into it!
    http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=56087

Back to your post. I'm going to find it weird playing BG2 without all the add-on mods I use. It will feel like so much is missing. Unfortunately any changed like that would be against their contract.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    You're reading it wrong, it's de'Arnise. But yeah, there has been speculation on that issue, but there's no proper answer given within the game - no way of knowing if it was an oversight or meant to be left open. I believe the situation was similar with Kalah the circus gnome and "what he was promised", though a mod handled the loose ends there in a satisying manner.
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    @drawnacrol thank you, i'll try to apply it to my fallout 2 on my hdd. Hope i won't have to find the disk as that might take awhile :P

@shin yeah, the gnome tent was one of the smaller ones that i mentioned, but with how tob was so rushed, it seems to me that they weren't finished rather then just being left open. A game as massive as bg2 you expect a few riddles left over, but those seemed like unfinished quests to me. I might be wrong though, but you both think it goes against the contract?