Skip to content

Help I am in a love square.

Currently my part consists of Haer'Dalis, Aerie and Viconia. Anomen is there too but we mostly just toss him at enemies and hope for good results.

My current plan is to set up Aerie with Haer'Dalis so I don't feel like an ass if I choose Viconia over here, however I've heard rumors that he breaks up with her eventually regardless. Is there any truth to this? If so, well, I'll still do it, but I'll feel like a heel.

Comments

• LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    Yes, but it's more like Aerie breaks up with him once she sees he wants nothing serious with her. Oh, The irony!
    Nothing less than the bitch deserves, though. Call it poetic justice.
  • NecomancerNecomancer Member Posts: 622
    That doesn't sound so bad, especially since I need an excuse to kick out a party member when Sarevok arrives and hey, this looks as good as any.
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    edited February 2014
    It's Aerie who dumps Haer'Dalis once she realizes that their philosophies on life are just too different. And being a doomguard, he's perfectly okay with that, so she was right. I wouldn't feel like a heel over it though; it's her choice and I don't think she feels bad about it either. It's all helped her become stronger.
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    Mmm. I think Aerie's romance for Haer'Dalis makes her stronger in the end: they have fun together, but in the end what they want out of life is too different. He's chill with that (and was expecting it all along), and she takes it in stride and moves on.

If your romance with Aerie has progressed to a certain point, though, Haer'Dalis will back out of the race and leave Aerie to you. You have to either commit to Viconia first, or have Haer'Dalis join very, very soon after Aerie joins (or even before her, for optimal security). Otherwise, he'll recognize your bond and step out.
  • NecomancerNecomancer Member Posts: 622
    edited February 2014
    Twani said:

Mmm. I think Aerie's romance for Haer'Dalis makes her stronger in the end: they have fun together, but in the end what they want out of life is too different. He's chill with that (and was expecting it all along), and she takes it in stride and moves on.

If your romance with Aerie has progressed to a certain point, though, Haer'Dalis will back out of the race and leave Aerie to you. You have to either commit to Viconia first, or have Haer'Dalis join very, very soon after Aerie joins (or even before her, for optimal security). Otherwise, he'll recognize your bond and step out.

Welp. That just happened. Time to rework my entire plan. Note to self, hate everything later.

Edit:I might start a whole new game and just be a bit more direct with this one instead of lolly gagging everywhere. First, Aerie. Then, Viconia. Then, Haer'Daelis, then that paladin who's name I forget, then when he threatens Viconia imagine an epic stand off in my head where my usual stoic and dutiful paladin nearly loses his shit because Imoen was, in a way, a link to his past that kept him sane and calm and without her hes slowly losing his mind. Next, go to the goverment and attempt to get Imoen that way. Suddenly realize ranger dude who's name I forgot is innocent. At this point, realize I *should* have enough money for Imoen. Possibly have Anomen die along the way for shits and giggles. Profit.

...I really *really* put too much planning in my parties.