Skip to content

Increasing the game publicity

HeasHeas Member Posts: 54
Here's an idea,
To make sure we get a Baldur's Gate 3 and also more games getting enhanced/
We (The community) Should do some public relations.
It can be something big, Posting a post on 9gag and making sure it reaches the trending page.
Or small, Posting a something on your facebook timeline.

Just an idea, Ad we if all promote this game, We'll make sure it becomes a success

-Unrelated quote
I cannot be caged, I cannot be controlled, Understand this as you die, ever pathetic ever fools. :)

Comments

• BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    how about we make a documentary? it can be like the 180 documentary, where we go in and talk about the greatest game of all time (will be part infomercial, but well hidden). Play soft music, find some females that played the game and cry at the memory of it (crying kinda like talking about a great loss, like being dumped hard, or even loss of life of a loved one) to make people feel how important and special this game is. Then, kinda like in 180, show how it connects to the game being released, updated, improved in every way, and see how it gives them hope and they have purpose again.

documentaries are all the rage now, kinda like bad spelling and typos, those were....ummm....on purpose.

btw, no offense to anyone who has ever lost anyone they've loved, but how do you really advertise a game as epic as this one?
  • immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    I've been posting about it all over forums and on my FB page, Pretty much anyone who associates with me knows about it :)
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    edited August 2012
    For the NWN board our man OTR did the right thing:

Podcast with Trent Oster reference
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Heas said:

Here's an idea,
    To make sure we get a Baldur's Gate 3 and also more games getting enhanced/
    We (The community) Should do some public relations.
    It can be something big, Posting a post on 9gag and making sure it reaches the trending page.
    Or small, Posting a something on your facebook timeline.

Just an idea, Ad we if all promote this game, We'll make sure it becomes a success

-Unrelated quote
    I cannot be caged, I cannot be controlled, Understand this as you die, ever pathetic ever fools. :)

That is the game publishers job, not the customer.
  • immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    edited August 2012
    SpaceHamster, technically you are right Game Publishers are tasked with promotion...HOWEVER if one loves something it is in their own best interest to assist said publisher or risk losing what one loves for the sake of saying "It wasnt my job".
  • AlderonAlderon Member Posts: 53
    9gag? Cease and desist your tomfoolery! Imgur*
  • MuninMunin Member Posts: 95
    I posted on my FB page, including the release date and fact I already pre-ordered. Doubt many of my friends are gamers. Maybe they will take a chance and find out what they are missing.
  • Tr_ondTr_ond Member Posts: 496
    edited August 2012
    Why not just flood the net with breasts with Baldur`s Gate : Enhanced Edition written on them?
    Also kittens. Maybe kittens betwixt breasts with bg:ee written on them. the possibilities are endless.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    I'll try to make a day 1 multiplayer let's play on youtube. Too bad I got like 70 subscribers though >.<

If only a big shot made a series of it, I am sure the game would get a lot more success. I think Nalif could do it, asked him once and he told me he would think about it... Maybe there's some hope on the Youtube front! :) (god willing, Total Biscuit might make a positive review of it. I hope!)
    @Tr_ond See, people would get upset if we do that since it's not in the game/has nothing to do with the game

But if we make it hamsters between breasts, and if you want to be more accurate, hamsters between giant man breasts (think very beginning of BG2), people, well people would probably still be upset

Sometimes you just can't please people
    edited August 2012
    True, but hamsters don`t have the same impact on non-bg fans.
    It`s a fantasy games, fantasy has bouncies in them, true story.
    And people who get offended by a pair of breasts really should an Hero themselves.

@tr_ond nooooooo, comment wasn't against the bouncies, but against the kittens. there's more cats then hamsters in the game, yes, but the hamsters make more of an effect, and i always assumed minsc to have man boobs, kinda like arnold S (won't even attemt to spell his last name)

but more posters like that might help :)
    @Tr_ond Yep, that's what we need, although i think if you had a freddy claw on a hamster, at least the way i'm seeing it in my mind, i think i would have nightmares like i was 4 years old again
    edited August 2012
    Best i could find was this,
    This thing is labeled as a "hamster rat mice" which in all honesty is scarier than the actual item.
    I was never really frightened by the elm street movies, Noober is way waaay scarier than Freddy.
    Which makes me think. Making a Baldur`s gate meme thread might generate some interest.
    (Made this just now, please feel free to comment on my pathetic attempt at humour.)

edit. fixed second pic. And made a meme thread :p
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    I hope Icewind Dale get its own enchanced edition :)
    @zafiro thanks man, when i get settled in from work, will watch the teaser :)
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    We should have a BG reality show! Bunch of people live in the same house, playing it. And fighting with one another. And crying. And cheating on one another (BG style)... like you play a multi game without some of the others and the drama kicks in. "I can't believe you leveled up without me! *tears*"

Next scene, "She's always doing that. I don't answer to her! I'm..."
  • Twilight_FoxTwilight_Fox Member Posts: 448
    ''I hope Icewind Dale get its own enchanced edition :) ''
    Agree
    @Tr_ond lol, that's exactlly what i see in my nightmares, freddy boo. but hehe, he's not so big and scary here........thank God.