Skip to content

Sorcerer party - need advice (SoA,ToB)

Hello fellow BGers :) Being a BG veteran myself I've been passively reading the forum for quite a while.

However now I'm doing a playthrough with a CN Sorcerer (pure) and cannot make my mind with the party that I want for him! I've played 100% good and evil parties with a sorcerer (both very strong but straightforward), and now I'm confused to the point that I would love to have a piece of advice from you guys:)

Those are the only rules of my chaotic playthrough:
- Mix alignments, switch opinions and party members, but have a steady group of 6 people at Chapter 6
- Insane difficulty on all the time
- I want to have at least 3 magic users

So currently out of Irenicus dungeon and done a few quests with Minsc and Jaheira and went to join Jan, so far so good - we are compact, deadly and efficient, but rather too Good-aligned for my liking. Obviously Minsc has to go. Keldorn probably will not make it in my group, because his main benefits of dispel and true sight will be covered (my Sorc already has Remove Magic and I plan to use dispel magic with Haer'dalis, while Jan will detect the illusions). So Dorn should replace Minsc then.

Jan is staying so my third mage will be Haer'dalis, who should use Kundane with Sword of the Mask. The other option is to dump Jan and take Hexxat as thief and Aerie as mage, but these two do not get well together and besides, me and Haer'dalis will fight over Aerie. See how complicated this is :)

Jaheira - I love her and she must stay at least until her quest line grants me with a certain ring that I want :) I already feel that I will dump her for Viconia after I get the ring, but that's my CN nature...or maybe not..

So bottom line in Chapter 6:
- Me, CN Sorcerer
- Dorn ??
- Haer'Dalis
- Jan
- Viconia/Jaheira ??
- Rasaad??

I would really love to have your opinions on the places of the question marks above :) The party will kick-ass anyway, as will any party having a Sorcerer and Haer'dalis in it, but I want it to be complete and interesting to go along.

Thanks!

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    I'm surprised nobody has responded to this.

You could always go with chaotic neutral anomen. Him lashing out at people (aerie) will at least keep things interesting! Then replace him later for dorn.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited February 2014
    Edit: double post
  • Stasis_SwordStasis_Sword Member Posts: 91
    Korgan and Viconia both have fun banter with good aligned parties. Still not sure about the Rasaad slot, maybe that could be your floater.
  • uglyducklynnuglyducklynn Member Posts: 61
    I agree with elminster, you could go with CN Anomen. I personally would stick with Jaheira, but I've always been a fan of her. And I like Dorn as well. I'd be unsure if I'd like Rasaad with that group in particular, but really you could switch him with just about anyone, or keep him, and it wouldn't stir things up too much.

All in all it does sound like a solid group that should get you through most if not all of the trials the game has to offer. I'd say continue as planned.
  • PUFPAFPUFPAF Member Posts: 18
    Guys, this is excellent. CN Anomen fits the bill and augments the party perfectly.

Now I won't have to sell all the good flails, hammers and maces that I find in the game,but rather use them with Anomen. Also Jaheira does'nt need to leave for Viconia

Actually my only concern is that the party will become too strong and versatile, having:
    - 3 people immune to level drain (Dorn -innate, Jaheira - amulet, Anomen - mace)
    - 3 magic users
    - 2 divine users
    - 2 people using traps in ToB
    - 4 people stone/ironskinned (important on insane difficulty)
    - all 6 also able to use +4 and +5 ranged weapons in SoA (Jan-bow, Dorn -xbow, others - sling)
    - and most of all, as I love the effort to use/exhaust all options up to the limit before I rest, now I can take whole areas between rests

I can only recommend this setup to everyone :) I will write if I find anything else of note as I progress, but this is really cracking.

Thanks guys!
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    You could add in Neera to replace Dorn for yet more Chaotic Neutral caster goodness. Having another caster who gets level 9 spells by the end of SOA is not a bad thing.

You'll still have Jaheira, Anomen and Haer'Dalis as a frontline and now the entire party is neutral (for CN Anomen, anyway).