Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Minsc special ability

How come Minsc doesn't have a special ability to use his hamster, Boo, to cause a Blind spell on an enemy? Go for the eyes, Boo! For the eyes!

Comments

• TarlugnTarlugn Member Posts: 203
    edited February 2014
    I wonder, how much work it would require to code Boo to become releasable, like a mage familiar, and make Mincs gain bonus HP like he would have cast the spell Find Familiar?

• GhamarroGhamarro Member Posts: 34
    He wouldn't have to be a releasable pet with an actual animation or even sound for that matter, he could just be an item that can be used through the quick-item buttons during combat like wands and such, for example. He does reserve one quick-item slot for himself permanently, so it would be decent to have some sort of compensation for that, at least in my opinion.=)

• TarlugnTarlugn Member Posts: 203
    One of Minsc quotes in the outdoors is "Squirrels! I swear I saw them! Quick Boo, throw nuts!"... if Boo would act like a wand to cast 1 lvl priest spell Magic Stone? And the other quote goes like "... cover your nose Boo, we will leave no graves untouched" - again, if Boo could be used like a wand to cast 3rd lvl priest spell Zone of Sweet Air? Uses could be like 2 a day.

CrevsDaak