Skip to content

Transfering characters?

MazikazeMazikaze Member Posts: 2
edited August 2012 in iPad (Archive)
If I buy the iPad version of the first game, will I be able transfer my characters into the future Baldur's Gate 2 EE? I really would love to play through this whole saga with one character at last. EE would finally seem like the perfect version for it and iPad version would seem like the right fit, as I don't have that much time to just sit home and play...

Comments

• inweinwe Member Posts: 79
    With iCloud saves you will be able to "transfer" your entire game (saved game) through your devices... As Trent said, it will be available few weeks after BGEE release.
  • MazikazeMazikaze Member Posts: 2
    Ok, but will I be able to use these first game characters in Shadows Amn and Throne of Bhaal when they will be released sometime next year? iPad I mean, on pc it works fine already on the original versions...

Ps. Are save files trasferable within different devices? So I could start playing on my pc, save my games to iCloud, continue on my iPad when in a train or a bus and also keep on playing on my GF's Mac if need be? That would really rock...
  • inweinwe Member Posts: 79
    Sorry, I did read another thing... Yes, the characters will be transfered to BG2EE as BG2 did before.

And about the iCloud (Apple only) or Cloud saves (general speaking), you will be able to play through any device where you have the game installed
  • ChurchOfBooChurchOfBoo Member Posts: 82
    Are iCloud saves the same as Game Center?
  • RisingsunRisingsun Member Posts: 99
    @churchofboo

No. iCloud is Apple's cloud data storage solution and they use it all over the OS.

Game Center is Apple's social gaming network and matchmaking service, complete with achievements. Think Xbox Live.

Combing the two you could synch your data across all your apple devices and look for players to play games of BGEE with.