Skip to content

Rasaad's quest doesn't trigger

NihilusNihilus Member Posts: 192
I wander around the docks during nighttime, but nothing happens. My reputation is at 20. Admittedly, I didn't keep Rasaad for very long in my party, but I believe I had the conversations with him that are needed for this quest to begin. Indeed he has nothing to say to the PC when I try to iniate a conversation.

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    IIRC you have to go to the north portion of the area, I've only did this once and I couldn't reach the Cloud Peaks mountains because of a different bug so I killed Rasaad.
    @Jalily? Any words on this? I don't know much about this.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    There are a few possible causes:

- Entillus Fulsom's presence. Go to the archway in the north of the docks area; if Entillus is there, speak to him or kill him to get rid of him. If this resolves the issue, you may have an older version of BG:EE (you can see the number in the Options screen after you load a game).

- Not enough time has passed. The ambush is timed to occur two days after the second conversation. To quickly speed up time, you can actvate the console and hold down ctrl+T in the docks area. After about two weeks, all conversation/event timers should have expired and the cutscene should take place.

If the above doesn't work, please zip up your savegame and upload it here.
  • NihilusNihilus Member Posts: 192
    I kind of solved this with the help of another bug (duplicate Rasaad in Nashkel). I think I had the conversations with Rasaad1 BEFORE he joined my party. I believe that's the problem. When I let Rasaad2 to join my party and THEN tell me about his training and his quest concerning the missing monks, the ambush encounter in the docks triggers. The funny thing is, after having Rasaad2 join me and have the necessary conversations with me, I need Rasaad1 in the party for this encounter to trigger. So I can't kill Rasaad1 and continue playing the game with Rasaad2 at that point. Another funny thing is that I need Rasaad2 in the party for the next step in the quest. If I don't have Rasaad2, Sorrem in the Blade and Stars inn isn't there. So I can't kill Rasaad2 at this point either. I feel I will need two Rasaads throughout this quest. Funny stuff. :)
  • BrainerBrainer Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2014
    Having one mean bug with Rasaad's quest as well (hopefully I'm not necroposting here)

After interrogating and killing Sorrem I got a journal entry about the Dark Moon cult base in Cloud Peaks, but no map marker for a new location was added. In my previous playthrough I let Sorrem go and everything was fine.

Would have reloaded and retried, but the only savegame before the quest is Chapter 4, deep in Cloakwood(

Is there any possible solution?
    Post edited by Brainer on