Skip to content

Arrows of Dispelling and Other Assorted Questions

I've recently started an SCS runthrough with an Archer, and I've noticed that whenever a high level enemy mage activates their uber-contingency of defenses, striking them with Arrows of Dispelling yields a "This weapon has no effect!" message. It would seem that I actually need to make my shot connect and do damage in order for the dispel effect to take place, but what with all the Improved Mantles, Absolute Immunities, PfMW's and the like that I'm seeing, Arrows of Dispelling seem pretty darn useless. I'd assume the same is true for Carsomyr's on-hit Dispell, and I'd like to change both of these.

I could always use IE to change the enchantment level (but not dmg/THACO bonuses) of the Arrows to +6, but even then I'm unsure as to whether or not these would penetrate the custom defenses given to some of the modded versions of the game's harder bosses. What would be the best way to ensure that the Arrows and the Holy Avenger have their effects take place as long as they connect, even if they fail to actually damage a super-defense-buffed boss?

To balance this out, I'd be running the SCS option that gives enemies hit by Carsomyr a save to avoid the dispel. Having just recently come across IE and being a relative newbie, which line would I want to copy from Carsomyr to Arrows of Dispelling to give the Arrows that same save?

On a completely unrelated note, suppose that I wanted a F/M/T character whose Thief progression was halted at a certain point, leaving all experience gained after the "freeze" to be distributed between the remaining two classes. As if I were to roll up a Thief and then dual-class into a Fighter/Mage. Doable with eeKeeper, or hardcoded to be impossible?

Finally, is there an animation file for a flaming two-handed sword? I can only seem to find Short Swords and Long Swords that spout unearthly fire as CHARNAME swings them.

Thanks!

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Yes, you can make Arrows of Dispelling have save, IE isn't the best for modding, try getting Near Infinity and/or DLTCEP, you can't make a F/M/T without progressing the thief class, nor dual-class towards a multi-class (maybe it can be done with EEKeeper, I really haven't tried, it is hardcoded, but you can avoid it maybe with EEKeepr).
    +6 Arrows of Dispelling are so powerful that I find the game-breaking, giving the a save sounds a good idea.