Skip to content

Annoyances vs. Bugs

resin007resin007 Member Posts: 8
Yay, first post! Like many before me, I am a long lurker and first poster. I'm a huge, huge fan of the complete BG saga but aside from poking around the basic fix packs when I re-installed it a year or three ago, I haven't kept up much with what's going on in development. Thanks in advance for your patience as I ask moronic questions or inadvertently bring up something that's been discussed to death.

I've been looking at a lot of the posts and have read through this awesome list -
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/2176/fixed-forum-compiled-list#latest
- but have not yet seen mention of three what-seem-to-me-like-bugs.

-Gnoll Stronghold, out-of-view monsters respawn whenever the party saves
-Firewine Bridge dungeon, out-of-view monsters respawn whenever the party saves
-the "NPC doesn't see who's with your party" dialog problem. If I recall, this doesn't come up much in BG 1 (maybe only with Angelo and Shar-Teel?), but it should be fixed anyway, especially if there are new NPCs and possible new interactions

Are these problems addressed anywhere in this update? If not, should they be? Maybe the consensus on these is that they are "features" that people don't mind? Or maybe they're just not considered critical fixes, since they aren't game breakers. Hence my title of "Annoyances vs. Bugs".

I'll cover my "wishlist" - i.e. things that are CLEARLY annoyances, not bugs - in a separate post; I haven't had enough time to wade through that forum yet.

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Hi, welcome to the posting part of the forum. Angelo not noticing Shar-Teel is definitely a bug, and has been modfixed for long enough now that I would be extremely surprised if it isn't handled in the EE, especially since Ascension64 is part of the project... otherwise it'd seem like a rather blatant failure to incorporate simple bugfixes already existing. The other two issues I have no idea about.
  • resin007resin007 Member Posts: 8
    Thanks, Shin. Yeah, I'd seen that Angelo bug bouncing around as "fixed" for a long time, so I was surprised to not see it in the list. Maybe it's just been fixed for so long that it's assumed to not even be there anymore? That's kind of what I'm wondering with these issues, since I haven't been following the modding community up until now. The others kind of fall into the same category, so the question is if I should waste space on the Bugs section by posting them there. I'll see what response this thread gets first, I think.