Skip to content

Kit bonuses against certain enemy types.

JiveOneJiveOne Member Posts: 43
Hello everyone. I'm using my non enhanced edition installs to play Big World and I'm interested in using the RTT kit Giant Slayer. One aspect of this kit is that it gives increasing thac0 bonuses against "giant" creatures, and I had a question or two about this.

First, are bonuses against specific enemy types like giants able to be implemented into kits? It may say it does this in the description but I'm worried that in-game the bonuses wont be there.

Second does anyone know what qualifies as a "giant", at least for the non-modded BG? Giants of course, what about ogres, trolls, etc?

Comments

• AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    To answer your first question, it is entirely possible to add enemy type bonuses with kits, albeit slightly complicated. The basic process is as follows.

Make a spell (i.e. MYSPELL.SPL) that adds a "Set Melee Effect" (Op 248) with an effect (MYBON.EFF).
    MYBON.EFF should then be set to "THAC0 vs. type bonus" (178), with the IDS target set to Race (4)/Giant (142).

In BG/BG2, the only creatures typed explicitly as "Giants" are Berenn, Yaga-Shura and Fire Giants. Ogres have their own race code (113), as do trolls (129).