Skip to content

Strange Item Names

I'm using the EEKeeper for BG2:EE and most of the item list have these strange names rather the actual names of the items. The description of each item only describes the base armor rather than what I assume to be enchanted armor. Help plox.

Comments

• SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    something similar happens when you are reading items from one game (say bg1) with the talk table from the other (in this hypothetical case bg2)

I've not used eekeeper myself, but that might be worth looking into
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Does the problem persist if you restart EE Keeper? It can't update altered files 'on the go', so making changes without restarting tends to generate that kind of situation as well.
  • SeclipcerSeclipcer Member Posts: 2
    Shin said:

Does the problem persist if you restart EE Keeper? It can't update altered files 'on the go', so making changes without restarting tends to generate that kind of situation as well.

Yeah I've tried restarting it and I've even tried past versions of EEKeeper to see if that would change anything. Nothing seems to work.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Did you do some modding? If your dialog.tlk file was not changed by the mod some items and spells may have wrong string numbers referring to a random in-game dialogue. Just like your situation.