Skip to content

Can i do this? Is it possible?

Demonoid_LimewireDemonoid_Limewire Member Posts: 424
Someone in another thread, mentioned that you can take an *original* baldur's gate *2* character file, and import it into Baldur's Gate *1* *enhanced edition*. My first question is this; 1) will he/she keep all items equipped, and start in Candlekeep with all the items already wearing?

My second question, is if you beat enhanced edition and import that character file to baldur's gate 2 enhanced edition. By doing this, you loose your items, because the pause at black screen at intro, no longer works. But the originals had another method of keeping your items; starting a multiplayer game with another character ( a random one you are later going to delete and replace with the one carrying the iems), pass the cutscene, and after autosave when imoen opens your cell, load game, delete and replace main with character carrying items, and finally load game. 2) Will this particular trick work in the enhanced edition of 2?

Please try to understand the situation, provide valid answer, and try to answer both questions. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    1-the items spesific to bg2 won't be equipped by your character if you export to bg1. Say, if you have a dagger+1 it will be there since bg1 game has dagger+1 item file, too. But a bg2 spesific item, say, Robe of Vecna won't be there as there simply is no item file for that robe in bg1. It is bg2 exclusive.

Same goes for high level abilities, your char will keep all the spells he knows, but the hlas he has picked up won't be available as there is no hla files for bg1 game. There is a mod to put hlas back into bg1 part of the game, however.

2-don't know, should work IMHO
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    edited February 2014
    Actually, the Robe of Vecna will be there, since Baeloth wears it in BP1 :p
    But in general @lunar is right.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460

Actually, the Robe of Vecna will be there, since Baeloth wears it in BP1 :p
    But in general @lunar is right.

Ooh really, I always thought it was a special non-droppable version, ofcourse if it is the normal robe it will be available in bg1 :-)
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @lunar the Robe of Vecan in BG:EE just has the Undroppeable Unsteleable flags on the inventory of Baeloth, the Robe itself wasn't modified.

The exploit 2 works (tried in the beta) and it don't has any type of modifications.