Skip to content

Cloak of MIrroring vs Belt of Inertial Barrier

Does it make sense using both?! If the cloak reflects all magic damage what is the point of having 50% resistance to magic damage?!

What do you think?

Comments

• SerpionSerpion Member Posts: 67
    Two words: AoE damage
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    Technically that's four. Still correct though :)
  • JotaJota Member Posts: 50
    I always forget about AoE damage :\
  • FenghoangFenghoang Member Posts: 160
    edited February 2014
    I'm fairly certain the Cloak of Mirroring blocks all damaging AoE spells like Skull Trap and Fireball as well.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    The Belt comes into it's own in TOB against various mages who toss around Horrid Wiltings.
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    Cloak of Mirroring also blocks all aoe damage, like Horrid Wiltings.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    I find the cloak particularly useful against the floating eyeball Sentinels in Abazigals lair. They only use low-level offensive spells so you're totally immune to their damage. Good if you don't have anyone with high magic resistance.
    still if the cloak reflects the damage why do we use the belt?!
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    I always pitch the cloak, but don't the AoE spells have to be centered on the caster the same as with spell turning? If you're soloing there's no reason to.
    I like roleplaying! I rarely solo! But if there is no need to use both of them I will ditch one for a NPC
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    Sorry if I wasn't clear, I meant if you're soloing there's no benefit for both, with a party area effect spells targeting npcs should hurt you, so it'll still help. I think.