Skip to content

[****SPOILERS****]. Renal bloodscalp and his boots and bodhi. One thread to explain it all!

Hey,

I got confused with this when searching Google. I AM clear on the fact that if I side with the thieves during ch. 3 I can safely kill Renal in ch.6 and get his boots.

BUT i want to side with bodhi and I couldn't find a definitive answer on whether I can kill Renal or not after siding with Bodhi. Some say you can, some say he disappears. Wich is it?

What I really want is to get those boots before chapter 3. Is there a way? And even better... Can i do it and side with bodhi still?

Comments

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    I think:
    Renal only sticks around if you take the Thief stronghold.
    You can't side with Bodhi if you take it, and you can't take it if you side with Bodhi.
    If you side with her, he's gone by the time you go to wipe out the Thieves' Guild.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Couldnt you kill Renal before you side with Bodhi? Defeating the guy that instantly kill you require some effort. Just make sure make a backup save.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I took the Thief Stronghold and sided with Bodhi. Needless to say, he disappeared and I eventually lost the guildhouse.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Interesting. I swear that number was 999 when I made that post and I havent made new post yet until this one.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    bbear said:

Interesting. I swear that number was 999 when I made that post and I havent made new post yet until this one.

If you edit a post sometimes it gets counted as another one. Thats why your total comments don't line up with your number of posts (same thing for me).
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Also, if you start a discussion, it adds to your post count but not to your comments count.
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    I think you can still kill the Shadow Thieves if you side with Bodhi, but Renal will have disappeared, so no boots for you. :(

Trying to kill Renal in chapter 2 results in a very hard to kill thief coming after you, and in chapter 3 (Bodhi side) he's disappeared. So your only real option with Renal is to wait till chapter six siding with the thieves. Kind of a shame.
  • PblackPblack Member Posts: 37
    Since I'm playing a duo run with only 2 Bounty Hunters I think I'll leave those boots alone and get the one in Spellhold. I was trying to get 2 before ch. 3 but I think It would be a little to cheesy RPwise to just "hire" a mage to do that. I already used Minsc to beat Kangaxx for me but it was a clean kill in my book, and I've killed Minsc afterward, so I think I'll let Renal live and side with bodhi anyway.
  • powurzpowurz Member Posts: 28
    edited February 2014
    I'm on a playthrough where I'm trying to do as much as I can prior to chapter three, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to go about killing Renal. I'll probably try the Feeblemind trick tonight.

***UPDATE***

I tried the feeblemind trick, hasted my party, stabbed him in the face a few times, took his stuff (he has some nice stuff) and RAN FOR MY BLEEPING LIFE because Arkanis spawned. Because the door is an auto-save door ("You must gather your party..."), it appears that he can't follow.

I then went and did something else, came back inside the door straight to him and lost a couple toons to Arkanis (I guess the other thieves "helped" him by missing me with arrows or something). Reloaded back outside the door, and visited Bodhi to accept her quest and enter Chapter 3. Now when I go into Renal's room, it is empty. I backed up my save before killing him just in case, but it appears that I have managed to get away with it because a) Arkanis can't follow and b) the transition to Chapter 3 clears the area.

If Arkanis comes in at any point and massacres my party, I'll let you guys know (and load that backup save >.>).
    Post edited by powurz on