Skip to content

Spoiler bar lacks "show" button

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
edited February 2014 in Site Resources
For whatever reason when I see a spoiler bar now it doesn't have a "show" button. Meaning its just a coloured background with the word "spoiler"

Anyone else experiencing this?
Post edited by elminster on

Comments

• FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    I am. Maybe it has to do with the new easy-tag menu?
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    I am also suffering this problem

on the plus side its going to be even easier to avoid spoilers
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Also can't open spoilers.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    edited February 2014
    The mods are aware of the situation. It appears to affect all PC browsers, but works okay for mobiles and tablets.

To quote @Dee on the matter...
    Dee said:

Looks like Vanilla is in the process of migrating to new servers; that's probably why. Not awesome, but it should be only temporary.

Edit:
    And yes, commenting on a thread appears to fix the problem. I just posted a new comment on my LP thread, which not only displays the new spoiler tags, but also fixed the old ones.

Edit 2: ... only temporarily, it seems. When I opened up my thread again in a new window, the problem returned. In any case, hopefully it will be resolved soon.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited February 2014
    I've commented on threads and it was still not fixed. I also cannot use the "insert image" for uploaded photos. Someone cast Chaos on the forums

edit: I found a way to work around this. When you upload an image, right click on the "insert image" option to open it into a new tab. Then insert the html of that new tab/window where you want it by the typical method of typing < then img src="blah blah blah" >
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    CrevsDaak said:

Someone cast Chaos on the forums

Hey! Don't look at me that way!
    *stares*

Update: so it's just after seven pm here, and the spoiler tags are working. I did clear my cache and browser history, commented a couple times, and signed out/in again. Not sure how long it'll last, but they're working for now.