Skip to content

[Known 7190] SPOILERS: Anomen quest triggering in Underdark

KalesraKalesra Member Posts: 234
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Hey guys. The part of Anomen's quest when a messenger comes to inform him that
his father has been killed

is triggering while I'm in the Underdark, in the Illithid lair. Well, sort of. He says "Wait, one approaches..." etc., but (unsurprising considering our location) the messenger doesn't appear. Is this going to break the rest of his quest? And is there a way to fix it? I would prefer a solution involving eekeeper, but not the CLUA console if possible, because once I enable that I have a very hard time resisting the temptation to use the cheat keys. :P
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited February 2014
    What the... I thought that he saying that was fixed in the EE, so confused...
    @Troodon80‌ I can't find anything related to this. And move it to bugs BG2:EE since he shouldn't talk in a dungeon.
    The easiest way is to Clua in the messenger, I'll fetch the codes now.
    The creature code name it's TERL.CRE. You'll need to enable the console (or manually add him to an area with NearInfinity or with a script if you wish).
    Kalesra
  • KalesraKalesra Member Posts: 234
    edited February 2014
    Finally got it to work. I just kept reloading, and every time it would be a little longer until Anomen's conversation triggered (which is also weird). It happened several more times (twice in the underdark, once in the elven camp), I reloaded each time, and finally I made it back to Athkatla and Terl appeared. Thanks though, @CrevsDaak :)
    CrevsDaak
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Kalesra um, very weird, your welcome :D Terl was spawned in which area and where? It interests me a lot, I had this issue in BG2 a lot of times and could never fix it.
  • KalesraKalesra Member Posts: 234
    The thing was, he didn't spawn. Anomen acted like he was there, but he didn't appear, so Anomen never went running off to Saerk's estate (thankfully). He was just like "look, it's Terl" but there was no Terl. It happened in the Illithid lair, near the entrance to the drow city, and in the elven camp just outside of the underdark after resting. He also talked to me in Adalon's lair and in Ust Natha (but a different conversations).
    CrevsDaak