Skip to content

Are there any really powerful famous Marksman in Forgotten Realms?

KKnightKKnight Member Posts: 26
edited March 2014 in Off-Topic
I hear a lot of things about 2 types of characters-Fighters (drizzt, Obould, artemis, sarevok) and Wizards (Irenicus, Elminster, Khelben). The question is are there any like really friggin powerful famous archers or other types of marksman in Dungeons and Dragons forgotten realms?

I occasionally like to roleplay marksman and they are just as fun as sometimes roleplaying a mage or spellcaster. Very careful strategy, somewhat fragile but deadly nonetheless.

Any stories or what not. I am still a padawan when it comes to d and d and frankly thats a thing I would like to change!
Post edited by LadyRhian on

Comments

• KKnightKKnight Member Posts: 26
    Heh, I guess not.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    I'm not sure of any myself, you'd be better off asking on the General Forum a lot more traffic there.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    edited March 2014
    @KKnight Not specifically. There are plenty of warriors, but most of them seem to be specialized in many weapons. Cattie-Brie, once Wulfgar's Fianceé, and then Drizzt's lover/wife was a known archer (after the assault on Mithril Hall, she bore the Bow Taulmaril (which fired inexhaustible magic arrows)), but she also bore the Serpent Sword Kazid'hea. And really, Drizzt ended up using Taulmaril more than she did.
  • KKnightKKnight Member Posts: 26
    edited March 2014
    LadyRhian said:

@KKnight Not specifically. There are plenty of warriors, but most of them seem to be specialized in many weapons. Cattie-Brie, once Wulfgar's Fianceé, and then Drizzt's lover/wife was a known archer (after the assault on Mithril Hall, she bore the Bow Taulmaril (which fired inexhaustible magic arrows)), but she also bore the Serpent Sword Kazid'hea. And really, Drizzt ended up using Taulmaril more than she did.

I am just wondering as I am currrently having fun with a composite longbow wielding archer in Knights of the Chalice. The game is 4th edition d and d turnbased and I am dealing more kills than the rest of my party who are warriors with high strength. Its a lot of fun and I was just wondering if there were any marksman of high repute.

If you know of any books of d and d worth reading, I would be in your debt. I cant get enough of Dungeons and Dragons stuff! Im usually into warrior books. I read Master of chains, all the drizzt books and Artemis ones.

Im looking for a group of books on thieves next if that even exists.

@KKnight There was a book series about thieves. One of the books was called the The Crimson Gold. The others included the Alabaster Staff, the Black Bouquet and the Yellow Silk. There was a series about a Sembian Family where all the members of the family had some sort of class. The Sembia series. Two of the characters were spun off into their own series- one was Erevis Cale, the Butler of the family, who was a thief of Mask and ended up gaining powers over Shadow. The Daughter of the House ended up showing up in "The Yellow Silk". Erevis Cale got two series, the Erevis Cale Trilogy and the War of the Shadows books.

You can find a complete list here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Forgotten_Realms_novels
  • Princess_SarahPrincess_Sarah Member Posts: 39
    @LadyRhian‌ thanks for putting the link up - I had no idea there were so many books out there! I have never read any Forgotten Realms books - probably because my first introduction to D&D ever was Neverwinter Nights when I was about 10 and really had no idea what was going on but just enjoyed smashing my way to some kind of victory (I was a bit fuzzy on the details and role-playing was lost on me beyond "I have a giant sword for hitting things" lol) - but I will have to give them a go. ta :)
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Zal, fastest dart thrower to have ever walked the west.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Well, montolio is a blind ranger with an aim like a hell. He's also the tutor of Drizzt in his early days on the surface on the path of nature.
    @Princess_Sarah No problem. I have most of those, if not all of them. As a matter of fact there is a new series bringing the classic FR characters into D&D Next. I read two of them recently. "The Godborn", which brings back Erevis Cale (along with his son, Vasen), and another that brings back the Companions of Mithril Hall, in new bodies (except for Drizzt, obviously).