Skip to content

About the SHADOW TWIN HLA of the shadowdancer

Hey y'all (possible spoilers)

I have a question:

Does the Shadow twin get duplicates of the shadowdancer equipment? If so, is he able to use UAI enabled equipment as well? Because according to the description fo the ability, the shadow twin gets the same abilities of the shadowdancer at 60% of his level, so if I get shadow twin as my second HLA, my PC wouldn't have UAI at 60% of that level. So, ho does this work?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited February 2014
    They keep HLA's though I think the second generation (so shadow twins of shadow twins) will lose access to UAI but keep the ability to use any other HLA's you may have acquired.
  • PblackPblack Member Posts: 37
    @elminster and what about equipment? do they get duplicates of that?
    Yes. But only the first generation (regular shadow twins). It looks like the second generation (shadow twins of shadow twins) basically lose all equipment and are only left with any remaining HLA's.

So as long as you aren't making shadow twins of shadow twins, or simulcrums of shadow twins, or shadow twins of simulcrums, it should be fine.
    Also keep in mind (like simulcrum) you can only have one (for lack of a better term) first generation shadow twin active at a time. If you have Vhailor's Helm (or a simulcrum scroll) you can have a shadow twin and a simulcrum active. So you can't just learn the skill 5 times and have 5 of them active at the same time. I mean you can do this but the only way to get more than one would be to have your shadow twins cast it and then you'd end up getting a lot of largely worthless second generation shadow twins.
  • PblackPblack Member Posts: 37
    Nice that I can also use Vhailor's helm with UAI. Did not remember that item. Thx
    edited February 2014
    Maybe @Dee can comment on this. What is the reason that the duplicates are keeping the higher level abilities. Is it that the game doesn't recognize them as being any different than normal abilities so it just lets you keep them?