Skip to content

Any Famous Marksman/Archers in D and D Settings

KKnightKKnight Member Posts: 26
I hear a lot of things about 2 types of characters-Fighters (drizzt, Obould, artemis, sarevok) and Wizards (Irenicus, Elminster, Khelben). The question is are there any like really friggin powerful famous archers or other types of marksman in Dungeons and Dragons forgotten realms?

I occasionally like to roleplay marksman and they are just as fun as sometimes roleplaying a mage or spellcaster. Very careful strategy, somewhat fragile but deadly nonetheless.

Any stories or what not. I am still a padawan when it comes to d and d and frankly thats a thing I would like to change!

Im looking for any books on said characters if anyone knows of any. Thanks.

Comments

• IsandirIsandir Member Posts: 458
    edited March 2014
    The only one that comes to mind is Tavis Burdun, a the firbolg archer and protagonist from Denning's trilogy The Twilight Giants. Despite having been released in the 90s, I still haven't read through the series and thus wouldn't be able to tell you whether I think they're well-written or not. I do know that they're still available from Amazon and other sites.

Cattie-Brie in Salvatore's Drizzt series is also an archer (or at least becomes one), but she's never the primary focus of the books.