Skip to content

The changing hit point count.

TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
So I have a mage character and I recently noticed since coming to tob his max hps keep changing. They'll be high when I load the game but then they'll just start slowly counting down. Is this some known bug with the familiars, or is my game funny? Happen to anyone else?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited February 2014
    So its just a regular mage? Not a fighter mage or something that could be using an item that could cause this behaviour? Is your health going above its maximum at all?
  • MitchforkMitchfork Member Posts: 390
    Since you mentioned familiars, are you letting your familiar die? Is it caused by the Constitution penalty?
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    elminster said:

So its just a regular mage? Not a fighter mage or something that could be using an item that could cause this behaviour? Is your health going above its maximum at all?

It is a fighter mage. The only thing actually raising his hps is the netheril circlet. And yeah, that's the weird thing, sometimes when I load up he has a higher hp count than he can, then it just sort of slowly drops down to where his hps should be. It's sort of like he's getting his max possible hps then the game adjusts to his actual rolls.

And no, haven't lost my familiar, he's just been sitting in the pack since leaving Irenicus' bachelor pad.
    I'll look into the circlet. You aren't wielding something like the upgraded version of Foebane by any chance?
    edited February 2014
    Oh! Can't check on this machine, but pretty sure I am, yeah. Is that a thing? Do they stack over max hps?
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Yes, it casts Larloch's Minor Drain on every hit which raises your max HP by 4 every hit. Good if you have lots of attacks so you can stack it up. The HP you gain will fade away after a few minutes.
    edited March 2014
    The minor drain lasts for one minute and it stacks above your maximum hp. So if I were to hit you three times with it I would gain 12 health for 1 turn (1 minute). As I continued to attack you I'd increasingly gain more health. Eventually as the abilities duration ends I'd lose that gained health. It would happen in stages (basically every round).

Good choice on the weapon though (it is actually my favourite)
    Post edited by elminster on
    Huh. I guess I must not have used it before. Came back to a save right after getting the weapon and thought I broke the game. Oops. Thanks guise.