Skip to content

Major Color selection circle confusion

CallirgosCallirgos Member Posts: 105
I'm kind of into the colored selection circles on controllable characters. It's a nice touch.
That said here is 2 issues.

1) Neera looks like a hostile. Her Circle is red... no doubt about it - that's red. Red = enemy.
2) Some characters have default major colors that are not part of the selective color pallet when changing their colors. Meaning, if you change Imoen's major color you can never get her original major color back.

Note: You can't change other party characters colors through options but you can do so through the inventory screen. Is that intended? Why is it locked in options?

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    The colour change screen via character records screen also includes skin tone and hair colour. Since we're not supposed to change that aspect of characters we haven't created ourselves it is locked.
  • CallirgosCallirgos Member Posts: 105
    Got it. No problem. It's nice to change clothing colors, but it would be better to get the characters original colors back. As it stands, I can't ever get those colors back unless I start over.
    jackjack
  • DregothofTyrDregothofTyr Member Posts: 229
    Yeah, that's so weird that there are colors that are not available to choose. Like why can't I make a character with skin-tone hair like Minsc or Rasaad?
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    edited March 2014
    You can change anything to any color using EEKeeper. Though EEKeeper gives you so many color options that you might not be able to determine what the original color was.

Also as a side note, Neera's circle color was originally white before one of the updates.
    elminster
  • CallirgosCallirgos Member Posts: 105
    Mod Tools are undoubtedly awesome but it shouldn't be the position of any development team to refer their players to those tools. All issues with released features need to be addressed within in the product itself.

So, I made this post because it's a small issue with a new feature. The programming estimate should be low to fix, and it's the responsibility of developers to address it or say it's "working as designed".

I'm saying this as a modder myself.
    jackjackelement