Comments

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    ?
    [Deleted User]Aristillius
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited March 2014
    booinyoureyes
    but... what has that got to do with "Spell and the killing sword"?

Also he was definitely an epic-level bard
    @booinyoureyes‌ I know that he should have been a bard, but I wanted something more powerful for solo runs, anyway he will be badass as a bard since Bards are nice for soloing too, but in ToB is get's difficult unless you dual wield or you are a Blade and do so (and you can also use Carsomyr), so bards get a next time, next time for now.

Oh, and that was a mistake! Its Jimmy Spell, this swords kills! Crap
    booinyoureyesjackjack
    How is this playthrough doing? Has he fought the Battle of Evermore yet?

I ask because I am actually going to do a fighter/illusionist in my next playthrough. I could use some tips. I know you are also a big fan of mage/thieves, and I plan on finally taking Jan all the way through the saga. I always felt like I missed out on those thief HLAs
    CrevsDaak
    @booinyoureyes‌

Has he fought the Battle of Evermore yet?

No, I'm on the second floor of Irenicus Dungeon, I started to play yesterday.
    Okay. Quick question: Aside from defensive spells like mirror image, blur and stoneskin, what do you use for him?
    @booinyoureyes‌ Minor Globe of Invunerability, Fireshield (Blue), Spell Shield and Spell Immunity (when I get em') maybe Ghost Armor, (Improved) Haste, Protection from Magical Weapons and Protection from Magical Energy.
    For offensive spells you'll have to use Fireball since you can't use Skull Trap (I'm already using Skull Trap since I finished BG:EE with 750k CP (9 Fighter 11 Mage), Web+Minor Glob of Invunerabilty is a killer combo, Magic Missile is boss, Shocking Grasp is good since you have Fighter THAC0 with 1d8 (I think I might be wrong here) electrcal damage per Mage level.
    For weapons: go for Dual-wielding and most likely with weapons that give good immunities (long swords give a lot of different immunities, a mace give level drain immunity, Lirlacor gives immunity to Charm and Confusion, some short swords and spears give immunity to hold), I recommend to pick 1) a blunt weapon that you can easily find a magical one (I picked hammers, thinking of changing to Maces or maybe Flails...), a weapon (of any damage type) that you'll normally use (I picked long swords, but I think I'll change it for Katanas or Scimitars) and another one you like/a ranged weapon (I picked axes). And then I spent my last Proficiency point in TWS, so I can still spend there to dual-wield later.
    elminster