Skip to content

No consequence to killing Koveras or Sarevok premature

entropys_chainsentropys_chains Member Posts: 1
edited November 2012 in Original BG1 Bugs
First of, love what ur doing with this beautiful game!

In the original i managed to kill Koveras by continuously having summons up, making it impossible for him to path to the main char. Crits will damage him untill he dies (after a very long time ;p)

The story will continue regardless like nothing happened, u get cought outside.

Sarevok can be killed aswell during the nobles event. The trick here involved attacking him at distance, then going outside while he started attacking u. Then re-enter and use invisibility potion. Biff the understudy will spawn, starting a dialog and teleporting u. U can actually pickpocket very sweet items from him. Again stealth or use potion to avoid teleport. Biff the understudy will keep spawning over and over, filling the room and trapping Sarevok. Not sure how i managed to kill him, think summons or arrows with crits/ranged spells/stealthed crit backstabs (Long time ago :D).

If i remember correctly, nothing happened and continuing the game was not possible from here.

I'm not hoping for a straight nerf here, because i always enjoyed the challenge to try to kill the überbosses in the game in ways that were unforseen or very hard to accomplish. These 2 events are clearly broken though. It would be nice if these possibility's remained in some form, without discontinuing the story. Either way, it should be fixed.

P.S.: Never have shared this with anyone in 14 years ;p
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    Just tried this myself... no idea how you manage to kill him even with hours worth of summons and lucky 20s. He's set in vanilla BG1 with 100% resistance to every damage type... except maybe poison, but then he's auto-Saves on every save type. Plus he's got 100% resistance to all sorts of elemental damage... If you can kill him after finding a way to bypass all that, you deserve the 15KXP reward he's worth. hehe
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    @Bhryaen Make sure you and your beta friends don't nerf this, now is my chance to get HAX revenge! I'm going to get BG:EE, power up with all the new rare uber stuff and kick his ass! ;D
  • _Q__Q_ Member Posts: 48
    @Bhryaen: It would be a cool easter egg if Koveras dropped the Sword of Chaos if you somehow managed to kill him.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    There are similar issues with killing Gorion. If you somehow manage to survive his auto-hit insta-kill lightning bolt spell, there's no way to leave Candlekeep because Gorion is the only one who can open the gates.
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    In the same way, if i use : CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("AR0125")
    Sarevok is not present... It's a bug ?
  • blackmamuthblackmamuth Member Posts: 19
    Well, in Bg2 Elminster does not give any Exp... way worse IMHO. He's not even a plot critical NPC! If someone manages to kill him, Some experience points would be nice...
  • KithrixxKithrixx Member Posts: 215
    One experience point for killing him. Just one.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Bhryaen said:

Just tried this myself... no idea how you manage to kill him even with hours worth of summons and lucky 20s. He's set in vanilla BG1 with 100% resistance to every damage type... except maybe poison, but then he's auto-Saves on every save type. Plus he's got 100% resistance to all sorts of elemental damage... If you can kill him after finding a way to bypass all that, you deserve the 15KXP reward he's worth. hehe

Actually, it is tempting to add shoutdlg to him :D
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    @Avenger_teambg
    That's one idea being knocked around with @Balquo. If he could be positioned on the stairs with a SHOUTDLG script you could make him impossible to trap or lure, and he'd leave the area instantly after the dialog- exploit quashed, main plot ensured. But it would mean repositioning other CREs in the same smallish area so that they don't converge simultaneously, and also... it looks better when this odd Koveras guy seeks you out rather than ambushes you as you climb the stairs in order to shout his lines in a library... An idea though...
  • FFGFFG Member Posts: 52
    Kerozevok said:

In the same way, if i use : CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("AR0125")
    Sarevok is not present... It's a bug ?

that's like turning on noclip in a first-person shooter and complaining about clipping issues...

• MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    I managed to kill Koveras in the Candlekeep library in BG:EE and got 15,000 XP. I have no idea how this is going to affect the rest of the game (which is why I have multiple saves).

Has anyone else done this and finished the game?
  • RiolathelRiolathel Member Posts: 330
    edited December 2012
    Anytime you exploit a game you run the risk of breaking it.. i dont understand why someone would even complain when they know they shouldn't be doing it.

Post edited by Riolathel on
    @Riolathel

Exactly where in my post did you get the notion that I was complaining?
  • RiolathelRiolathel Member Posts: 330
    My post was not directed towards you in particular
    @Riolathel Gotcha. I thought I'd add to an existing thread rather than start a new one on the same subject. Thread Necromancy, as I believe it's called. :)

Incidentally, I just beat the game after having killed Koveras at Candlekeep. Sarevok still appears in the Duchal Palace and at the final battle in the Bhaal Temple.