Skip to content

Just Starting

Just Starting BGII. I have a Barbarian 7th Level, Minsc 7 Level Ranger, Jaheira 7 Level Fighter/8th Level Druid, Yoshimo 10th Level Bounty Hunter, Aerie 7th Level Cleric/7th Level Mage.

Should I go ahead and pick up Anomen and Horgan(even though I have no one that is evil in my party until i can pick up. So give me an idea who to pick up as a party member.

Thanks for the Help

Wigmonster(Stewart)

Comments

• atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,167
    I would avoid the evil characters. You don't need them. I would add Nalia to that party until I could get Imoen back.
  • JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    edited March 2014
    Nalia or Neera would fill a need in your party (single class arcane caster).
  • WigmonsterWigmonster Member Posts: 38
    Where do I pick Neera up at

Wigmonster(Stewart)
  • TwoWayFinesseTwoWayFinesse Member Posts: 128
    go to the bridge district.
    there should be a cut scene and neera will leave, but when you leave the district you meet up again.
  • Stasis_SwordStasis_Sword Member Posts: 91
    edited March 2014
    Go to the bridge district and enter a building. Then leave the building and the scene should trigger near the entrance. I spent a lot of time walking around the district wondering why she never showed up.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited March 2014
    I'll say Jan. Just because he's fun to have around (and for other reasons I'll not get into). That said his level progression will be slow so if you are looking to have someone who can have high level (level 8/9) mage spells in SoA then Neera or Nalia would be better.
  • WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490
    No, no! Not the turnip-eating, blabbermouthing Gnome! Really, he needs to be put on that Spelljamming ship in the Underdark and shipped RIGHT OUT of the FR Crystal Sphere!

Dump him off somewhere in Dark Sun. That will teach him!

@atcDave - that is what I would also suggest. Nalia will be a good "filler" until you can get Imoen back. Though you should put Imoen in the same ship as Jan and dump them both off somewhere in Dark Sun if you ask me.

"Heya, it's me, Imoen! Jan Jansen, at your service...boy it is hot here! Say, did I ever tell you the story about - Jan, shush! What is that over there!?"

*nasty crunching noises*
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    @Wigmonster: If you've never had Jan Jansen, he's the best written character in the entire game and very highly recommended. He will have many interesting discussions with the other party members. He's got only two drawbacks: his personal quest is lame, and he doesn't get Abi-dalzim's horrid wilting.
    Aaaaand he never stops talking. Never. Not even when you cast a Silence spell on him.
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    No problem with that, because what he says is good. Realistically speaking, though, he's silent nearly all of the time.
    ??

What, is there a console command to shut him up that I don't know about?

EVERYTIME you select him, he spouts out stuff!

"Jan Jansen, at your service" GAHHHH! Kill it Dorn! Kill it now!