Skip to content

[MOD REQUEST] BG2:EE GUI for BG1:EE

lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
edited March 2014 in General Modding
I was pretty neutral about the BG1:EE's blue GUI. But now I play BG2:EE, I really adore its original Brown GUI. It is similiar to the original game's, but sharper and more refined-looking. I love all of the screens, tree branch like engravings, little gemstones embedded in, etc. After this, returning to the boring blue stone GUI of BG:EE is a drag.

So, since two enhanced games use the same engine and are based on the same code (Or so I think) I think it should be relatively easy to find a mod to put BG2:EE's beautiful GUI for BG:EE too. That would be awesome. There may be others who think the two are seperate games and thus they should look different. BGT and/or TuTu users used the same Brown GUI of the BG2 for both games, and many believe both games are continous and are just one gigantic game, so same GUI won't bother them. I personally can't bring myself to play BG1:EE now, because I miss the BG2:EE's art quality. Since GUI is the thing we see most as we play, it has a big impact on gameplay and enjoyement.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,178
    Yeah, the level of quality of BG:EE GUI is tragic in comparison to BG2:EE. But unfortunatelly, moving BG2:EE GUI into the first game is not as easy as it might look. In fact, without any editors capable of editing the new format of GUI images, it's virtually impossible. And I think (though I might be wrong as I haven't checked in a while) that those editors are still not out yet.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Oh. So it is not as simple a thing as I first thought. Weird,since I think both games have the same rules and the engine.

Pity. :(
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited April 2014
    Well I guess somebody heard me ^^
    http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1082-bg2ee-gui-in-bgee/

Anyone tried this one? I am away from my pc at the moment so can't test.
    @Pecca is Renegade at shs you? Same portrait and all :-)
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,178
    Yeah, it's me:). I tagged you some time ago, but it seems, that when you tag someone later in the post you already made, he won't get notified (as I didn't get notification from you here as well).
    Anyway, check out thois thread: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/31069/bg-ee-gui-mods-grey-gui-and-gui-from-bg2-ee/p1