Skip to content

Export Question

LookToWindwardLookToWindward Member Posts: 179
edited March 2014 in New Players (NO SPOILERS!)
Hi,

I'm using BGEE on a Mac and would like to export my character. When I open the Record and click "Export", I get the following list:

01FIGHT
02THEIF
03MAGE
03MAGE-R
04PALID
05CLERIC
06RANGER
07BARD
08BARD
09FIGHTM

What do these mean?

When I click one (say 03MAGE), the export file name changes to 03MAGE and I can overwrite/modify the file name. What are the options here? Is there anywhere that explains this?

Thanks a lot
Dave

Comments

• MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    These are predefined characters. Don't overwrite them.
    The input field is not obvious at first glance, it is the dark space following "Export Filename".
  • LookToWindwardLookToWindward Member Posts: 179
    HI Again,

If I click on the file name or the empty space to the right of it doesn't do anything. If I click on one of of the 01FIGHT, etc. entries it brings copies that to the right of "Export Filename:" and then I can edit whatever is in there. This seems really wacky since you are not supposed to overwrite them, yet the only way to enter anything in the field using one of these are a starting point! It is not obvious that you can edit this field and on the face of it, it suggest that the only valid names are the ones in the list!

So, to confirm, I can call the file name anything I want?

Thanks a lot for you help.
    Dave

• FuRYFuRY Member Posts: 21

Not sure on the exact amount of letters that can be use in the file name sadly.
    HeindrichSylvus_MoonbowCrevsDaak
  • LookToWindwardLookToWindward Member Posts: 179
    I think it' probably OS dependant, on the Mac it's 256 characters I think.

Dave