Skip to content

Why I think Bioware should work on Bauldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 3

Odin2098Odin2098 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Multiplayer
I played both Dark Alliance titles so many times it's not funny. I have always wondered where multiple choices went, ( the people who made both titles were not too keen on choices, at least on the PlayStation 2 Dark Alliance titles.) However Bioware is known for the multiple choice capability with usually no clear good or bad side, which I like. The freedom to mess up along the way is always a good thing, I'll tell you why; If you made a wrong choice, like in Mass Effect, or Dragon Age people really either got mad and tried to kill your character or they loved you for your bad streak. Example **SPOILER** If you played Dragon Age like me; then you may remember the first time you went to Redcliffe Castle and the demon possesed child who you either had to kill him or his mom, p.s. I chose the latter, and you still are looked upon as a hero, kinda. * * END SPOILER** However being able to choose in which way the story will go should be up to the player like in Skyrim. Truthfully, Bethesda, Bioware, Black Isle, Snowblind, and Wizards of the Coast should all team up to build a game where the player(s) ,( it should be multiplayer) choose their own destiny but should definitely have a main story, with the playability of Skyrim's first to third person modes, with the choice and voice of Bioware, but should be a continuation of Bauldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2.

All in all, I think if we the player's; could sit these developers and designers down for a while, we could convince them that this would be the greatest RPG in the history of these companies and it would be a success.

P.s. don't want it on just one system, ( not fair ) it should be playable to anyone with a ps3, xbox 360, wii, ect...

Please someome take action!

Sincerly,

Odin2098

Comments

• ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    edited March 2014
    I want to point out some stuff:

-Bioware didn't make the Dark Alliance games.
    -Bioware is officially sick of and done with any DnD stuff because of Hasbro/Atari/WotC.
    -It's BALDUR's Gate. Not Bauldur's. (Had to say it)
    -Most people here hate, dislike or think that the Dark Alliance games cannot hold a candle to the PC series.
    -Skyrim is generally a bad example of a good RPG. It's not an RPG, it's an action dungeon crawler with RPG elements.
    -Multiplayer is one of the least important parts of what makes a good RPG.

So you're basically suggesting that Bioware (of all developers and now owned by EA, voted TWICE the worst company of the year) should make a third Dark Alliance game (which were console 3D Diablo clones) with Skyrim elements, multiplayer and on consoles and that would make it the best RPG ever?

In my personal opinion, no. Just no. Hell no.

For new true RPGs, I'm waiting for Pillars of Eternity and Torment: Tides of Numenera.

It seems that you want basically Diablo III, Elder Scrolls Online or something similar. Not something true to the Baldur's Gate games.
    NecomancerWigglesCrevsDaak