Skip to content

Dorn or Sarevok? (potential spoilers do not read if u have not reached ToB yet)

k so my charname is a Blade. I already have Korgan as a fighter in my party so now I have to decide between Dorn and Sarevok. what would be a more balanced choice? here's the rundown of my party: charname (Blade), Neera, Korgan, Viconia, Hexxat and Dorn. with Sarevok I would have more raw hack and slash power, but then I would be missing out on Dorn's balckguard magic skills. from a role playing point of view both would work. I'm not the powergaming type so I think a right balance should make the decision. what you people say?

Comments

• SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    Both are good choices, two questions for you.

1.) Have you used Dorn in ToB before?
    2.) Have you used Sarevok in ToB before?

I would go with the one you haven't tried yet, if you have tried both i would probably pick Dorn. Korgan can pretty much cover what Sarevok does albeit a little worse, Dorn brings a couple of new abilities to the table. You also don't have Imoen in your party, and i feel that you kind of want her in your party to get the most out of Sarevoks dialogues.

When it comes to power, you won't find anyone other than Keldorn and Korgan that could stand up there with Sarevok.
  • RuscoeRuscoe Member Posts: 126
    @SionIV‌ I haven't tried either of them before! this is my first playthrough, Dorn it is then?
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    Ruscoe said:

@SionIV‌ I haven't tried either of them before! this is my first playthrough, Dorn it is then?

Pick Dorn now and next time you get to ToB and have Imoen with you take Sarevok to get the most out of them both.

• shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Why not bring in Sarevok instead of Korgan? They're both Fighters, and have roughly the same abilities (minus Korgan's Rage, of course, but Sarevok's Deathbringer Assault more than makes up for it). Plus, on the whole, both Dorn and Sarevok have more ToB content (banters for the latter, a quest for the former) than Korgan.
  • vangoatvangoat Member Posts: 212
    Sarevok is cool and Dorn is a Dork.
  • RuscoeRuscoe Member Posts: 126
    shawne said:

Why not bring in Sarevok instead of Korgan? They're both Fighters, and have roughly the same abilities (minus Korgan's Rage, of course, but Sarevok's Deathbringer Assault more than makes up for it). Plus, on the whole, both Dorn and Sarevok have more ToB content (banters for the latter, a quest for the former) than Korgan.

Good point. Thing is I'm having Korgan use the +5 thunderbolt hammer which is neat also cuz it's a blunt weapon good for certain foes in particular. Sarevok and Dorn have similar weapon proficiencies so it be kind of redundant to have both of them in the party don't you think?
  • Stasis_SwordStasis_Sword Member Posts: 91
    Ruscoe said:

shawne said:

Good point. Thing is I'm having Korgan use the +5 thunderbolt hammer which is neat also cuz it's a blunt weapon good for certain foes in particular. Sarevok and Dorn have similar weapon proficiencies so it be kind of redundant to have both of them in the party don't you think?
    You could easily argue the opposite that Korgan and Sarevok are redundant since they're both fighters. Dorn by contrast has several unique blackguard abilities.

I'm not actually arguing you need to take Dorn, but all 3 are similar to a degree and powerful in their own right. Pick who you want.