Skip to content

Stuck in Neera's hideout quest **SPOILERS**

Hi there,

I'm having a little problem with the Neera questline. I finished it all including the Red Wizard enclave. The problem i had there was that all captured wild mages in the Enclave were hostile. It started all good with getting the Mercs drunk and them helping me out in the fighting. Afterwards i saw that the barkeep was killed (i was pretty sure i didn't use any AOE spells there and according to the log with list of attacks (on the bottom of the screen) none of my characters targeted her, so no idea how she managed to get herself killed). The king in his cage later on started out hostile as well (red rind around the base).

After beating the rest of the Red wizards i went to free the mages in those cages. But again they were all hostile to me. In the end i just decided to keep going and just blasted them all for being such ungrateful wild mages).

A few other quests later i went past the hideout in the woods to finish Neera's quest. But there i found out that Telana was also hostile!. After reading some on the forums i found out that this must all have been some chain reaction of that first mage(barkeep) dying on me.
I don't have any saves from before the fight so i can't redo it all.

Is there any way to still finish the quest/get the reward? I remember from the original BG2 there was the console to set such thing right/add items. Would anyone know the command codes to finish this quest? Main reason is because i still want to do the second part in ToB (or isn't it necessary to finish the first part to get the second started)

Cheers,

Heronimus

Comments

• CLsdlt80CLsdlt80 Member Posts: 82
    I'm not so sure it has anything to do with the barkeep dying in the fight... What I do know is that the fight you mention and the one in the first Hexxat tomb quest in kind of buggy, in a way that if you let allied NPCs who are fighting with you get killed (not your party members), they become hostile and the quest becomes unstable, at least in the Hexxat tomb it was that way for me, until I found a way to avoid that...
  • HeronimusHeronimus Member Posts: 3
    Ok, so just a buggy quest probably. Do you know how i can still finish the quest somehow? Especially since i also wanna continue the quest in ToB. Killing hostile Telana doesn't solve the quest. I tried casting Calm on her in the hope of talking with her long enough to finish the quest. But she resisted.

Cheers,

Heronimus
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    I am sure it goes on in ToB no matter what the outcome in SoA and rewards are kind if meh anyway. Not a satisfying ending but it won't break your game I think.
    Heronimus said:

Ok, so just a buggy quest probably. Do you know how i can still finish the quest somehow? Especially since i also wanna continue the quest in ToB. Killing hostile Telana doesn't solve the quest. I tried casting Calm on her in the hope of talking with her long enough to finish the quest. But she resisted.

Cheers,

Heronimus

I'm playing the quest for the first time myself, and I managed to finish it smoothly in SoA, I've just reached the ToB Neera content for the first time. I found that the Hexxat SoA content was more buggy for me and had a tough time in the tomb of the monks... because as I said, it became really unstable the moment the monks became hostile for no apparent reason whatsoever (I'm not so sure it is intended for NPCs who are fighting with you to become hostile if one of them dies), I had to reload many times to not get them involved in the fight.

According to @Skaffen you should reach the content anyway, though.
  • namelesstwonamelesstwo Member Posts: 15
    CLsdlt80 said:

Heronimus said:

I'm playing the quest for the first time myself, and I managed to finish it smoothly in SoA, I've just reached the ToB Neera content for the first time. I found that the Hexxat SoA content was more buggy for me and had a tough time in the tomb of the monks... because as I said, it became really unstable the moment the monks became hostile for no apparent reason whatsoever (I'm not so sure it is intended for NPCs who are fighting with you to become hostile if one of them dies), I had to reload many times to not get them involved in the fight.

According to @Skaffen you should reach the content anyway, though.

im pretty sure that the monks become hostile as soon as their leader is dead, and i didn`t notice any penelty for killing them (beside getting my arse kicked badly, that is)
  • ZaknafeinBaenreZaknafeinBaenre Member Posts: 349
    Okay I just had this issue myself. It really does have everything to do with that barkeep. I reloaded that fight about 6 times to keep that stupid barkeep from dying, because when he died I lost 6 rep points and all the mages became hostile.

I think at this point you are screwed.

Okay I just had this issue myself. It really does have everything to do with that barkeep. I reloaded that fight about 6 times to keep that stupid barkeep from dying, because when he died I lost 6 rep points and all the mages became hostile.

I think at this point you are screwed.

Ha! It doesn't surprise me. I've only been through that part once, and I remember I didn't get to the wild mages' cell having letting the barkeep die. So the only time I got to them, barkeep was alive and well... But I really didn't think that could have something to do with getting hostile wild mages, I would've thought letting the guys that help you in the battle would have something to do with it instead.

All these new quests/new material have similar problems (...remembers Hexxat tomb). Well, I remember how I kept him alive: I closed the door that leads to the upper corridor, and the red mages in the corridor didn't go into the bar until "I" let them in... So not letting any red mage cast a Area-Of-Effect spell was easier (that's the way he was dying in my game)...
  • ZaknafeinBaenreZaknafeinBaenre Member Posts: 349
    I hit em with multiple chaos spells from neera and jan and a insect plague, then sent in all the summons I could and let them go to work :) barkeep was cowering inside the bar after the fight.

I also got rid of him once by dashing in with hasted boots of speed and talking to him. He says something like "i'm getting out of here" and you tell him to get lost and then he disappears. Then you can go as much area of effect as you like.