Skip to content

Potential BG2EE bug related to Inn-dreamscripts (read & confirm)

LiellaModLiellaMod Member Posts: 1
G'day, everyone.

I'm currently in the process of extensively coding an NPC mod - the Liella mod with my fiancee. For debugging and testing - unlike most other mods - i exclusively use BG2EE (at least up until today). In coding dreamscripts for the lovetalks (For those of you not versed in modding, a dreamscript is a trigger that sets off a lovetalk when resting), i encountered the following error.

Dreamscripts that require resting at an Inn do not fire reliably despite conditions being fulfilled. One has to repeatedly rest and click through windows of "You cannot rest at this time", sometimes up to 4-5 times in order for the lovetalk to fire.

In order to troubleshoot this, i re-coded the mod to work in BG2 classic/TOB and tested it - dreamscripts in Inn's work perfectly.

What's the difference between the two?

Bg2Classic/TOB offers a confirmation window before resting in an inn. The "Are you sure you wish to rest"-window. This window seems to cause the rest window to exit, allowing a dreamscripted-lovetalk at an inn to fire without any trouble whatsoever.

BG2EE does not feature this confirmation window. Instead it only *sometimes* exits the window of inn-resting to fire the talk. Most of the time it either rests or gives the "You cannot rest at this time" when there's a dreamscript waiting to fire a lovetalk. I've not yet been able to figure out how it determines when.

I've already had the incredibly talented people over at G3 take a look at the code - i'm linking an example of the dreamscript i'm using here. If anyone could confirm this, or perhaps if there's another method of scripting inn-lovetalks in BG2EE, i'd be grateful to learn of it!

http://pastebin.com/SBmHf02E <--- Link to code

Have a lovely sunday!