Skip to content

[(BG2) bug] More Wand of the Heavens

CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
edited November 2012 in Fixed
The Wand of the Heavens lacks a lore score, so it will turn up as identified when dropped by Aasim in the Iron Throne. Since Osprey comes with a Wand of the Heavens in the Candlekeep party tutorial, we need to flag the wand as identified in her inventory.
// wand o' heavens has no lore value
COPY_EXISTING ~wand11.itm~ ~override~
WRITE_SHORT 0x42 50
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

COPY_EXISTING ~osprey.cre~ ~override~
REPLACE_CRE_ITEM ~wand11~ #3 #0 #0 ~IDENTIFIED~ ~INV1~
Post edited by Tanthalas on

Comments

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @CamDawg
    I'm not at my PC to confirm this, but I think Osprey's Wand of the Heavens needs to be unidentified since the tutorial actually tells you how to identify the wand to use it.
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    Yeah, we can remove the osprey section of the code.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    My 0924a fixpack has a better solution--the player would never be able to ID a 50-lore item in the tutorial, so Osprey gets a custom wand with 1 lore (and yes, it's removed when you leave).
    @CamDawg

I think the tutorial guy actually tells you to cast identify on the wand to use it.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    No, he just says to ID it. The current wand has 0 lore, so all you have to do is look at it to ID it.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Tanthalas said:

@CamDawg

I think the tutorial guy actually tells you to cast identify on the wand to use it.

Actually, this fixes the problem with accidentally removing some cheated in wands of heavens.
    If it removes only the trainer wand, no one has the right to complain.
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    But maybe just right clicking on the item will give the player the impression that that is how it works for all unidentified items. It is a tutorial area after all.
    I could have sworn that BG1 had a dialogue from Obe telling you to identify the wand, but maybe that was a BGT thing.

Anyway, Osprey's Wand of the Heavens now comes unidentified and you can easily Identify it in the tutorial.

Aasim's Wand of the Heavens also comes unidentified and you need a higher lore (compared to Osprey's wand) to identify it.