Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Pickpocket Drizzt question

Is it possible to have 95 pickpocket score the first time you meet him?

Comments

  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    It depends at which point of the game you meet him.

    Honestly, I just drink 3 potions of master thievery from durlag's and get done with it, no pickpocket skill investment needed.

  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,008
    edited March 2014
    If I were to guess I'd say yes if you are a level 2 thief with high dexterity. Being a half-elf would also help.

  • dragon84dragon84 Member Posts: 9
    edited March 2014
    Can I do this with Imoen at level 1?

    25 natural score +
    Potion of Mind Focusing(+3dex) +15% (buy at FAI )
    Potion of Perception +20% (buy at High Ledge)
    Potion of Mastery Thiev +40% (from the thief at the carnival)

    = 100 score haha

    Well, only if everthing stacks and the thief still drops the potion...

    JuliusBorisov
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,686
    Is it even possible to pickpocket Drizzt in BGEE? The only reason you could get one of his swords in BG1 was because there was no dual wielding so he kept one sword in his inventory. This should have been fixed in BGEE So is it even possible to pickpocket anything other than his potions?

  • dragon84dragon84 Member Posts: 9
    edited March 2014
    You can pickpocket both swords in EE (with 95 PP), thats what i'm trying to do, get two +3 killer weapons in the beginning of the game

  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,008
    SionIV said:

    Is it even possible to pickpocket Drizzt in BGEE? The only reason you could get one of his swords in BG1 was because there was no dual wielding so he kept one sword in his inventory. This should have been fixed in BGEE So is it even possible to pickpocket anything other than his potions?

    You can as long as you aren't playing the beta version of the game (which removed that option and made it so he was using his two swords).
    dragon84 said:

    Can I do this with Imoen at level 1?

    25 natural score +
    Potion of Mind Focusing(+3dex) +15% (buy at FAI )
    Potion of Perception +20% (buy at High Ledge)
    Potion of Mastery Thiev +40% (from the thief at the carnival)

    = 100 score haha

    Well, only if everthing stacks and the thief still drops the potion...

    Yea that would work and yea Vitiare still has that potion.

    JuliusBorisovjackjackSionIV
  • dragon84dragon84 Member Posts: 9
    elminster said:


    You can as long as you aren't playing the beta version of the game (which removed that option and made it so he was using his two swords).

    So the cheese is over with the new patch lol

  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,008
    edited March 2014
    dragon84 said:

    elminster said:


    You can as long as you aren't playing the beta version of the game (which removed that option and made it so he was using his two swords).

    So the cheese is over with the new patch lol

    I don't really view pickpocketing them as cheese. You have to put a fair bit of effort into getting them and they are basically one of the few items worth pickpocketing in the game. Its more like taking advantage of a design decision, but frankly I'm not really convinced that you shouldn't be able to steal weapons from neutral targets. Its probably easier to get a sword from someones hand then to get a ring off that same hand after all (and you can pickpocket equipped rings).

    Also you can only use one of them if the character that is using it is good, which limits its usefulness.

    DelvarianjackjackSCARY_WIZARD
  • mumumomomumumomo Member Posts: 635
    As said by Loub, just buy 2-3 potions of master thievery from durlag's tower's merchant. For an overall cost of 1500 gold you have 2 killer weapons.
    1500 gold is the selling price of 1 ring of princes and you can get 2 of them very early in the game.

    As for doing so being cheesy or not, it's actually a matter for the whole pickpocket skill : it is either useless or cheesy. Just choose which one your prefer.

    SCARY_WIZARD
Sign In or Register to comment.