Skip to content

Neera - is there a plot past Adoy? is there romance development?

Basically, I wanna juggle all the new NPCs rotating in one spot in the party and do all their quests.
Will removing Neera break romance options etc. even if I come back to get her later?

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I never got a dialog after adoy, but there is a very minor encounter in baldurs gate.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    There may be one more romance dialog but the romance won't transfer over to BG2EE so if you miss it its not that big of a deal.
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    Wait, I thought Neera had some romance development in BG1. So, none at all really? She is a romance option only in BG2?

Also, do you get to do Adoy even if you drop her once and get her back later?
    Lastly, what is the trigger for Adoy?
    Do I have to be 4th level? Does she need to be 4th level?
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    edited March 2014
    Ygramul said:

Lastly, what is the trigger for Adoy?
    Do I have to be 4th level? Does she need to be 4th level?

Charname must be 4th level and must have had her in the party for a week after her first banter, which in turn triggers 1 week after recruiting her, so at least 2 weeks in total, if she isn't with you the counter is frozen, so you will need to be with her for a total of 14 days, not necessarily consecutive - Multiclass characters will need to be level 4 in at least one of their classes. Neera's level does not matter. To reach Adoy's enclave, go the Firewine Bridge or the area E-NE of the Naskel mines and take, respectively, the Southern and Northern area transitions.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    All the new NPC's in BGEE (excluding Baeloth) can have sort of a light romance with charname but it never gets serious (at least until BG2EE).
    Thanks!

It looks like I can safely swap them around.

I feel like grabbing Xan this time for the heck of it -- also, it's a no-reload run and I'm afraid of the damage that Neera can cause... (*Gate*)
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    Ygramul said:

Thanks!

It looks like I can safely swap them around.

I feel like grabbing Xan this time for the heck of it -- also, it's a no-reload run and I'm afraid of the damage that Neera can cause... (*Gate*)

Just run with Ajantis, he can use Protection from Evil as an innate ability if it comes to that.
    Furthermore, in both my runs with Neera, more precisely on my second run with a full spellcaster party (Cleric/Conjurer CHARNAME, Imoen as Swashbuckler/Mage, Neera as Wild Mage and Viconia as Priestess of Talos) I've only seen her cast Gate once: in the final battle with Sarevok (she was supposed to cast Web) - I actually took a while to realize what happened after the game suddenly played the final cinematic less than 1 turn after the battle started.