Skip to content

Watcher's Keep Maze (SCS...)

Yikes.. just got to the room with the Glabrezus. There are about 6 of them. Problem is, they all summon multiple fire elementals and salamanders, filling the entire room (along with a bunch of gas clouds) which brings my computer to a grinding halt.

Anyone else have this problem? How do I deal with them? They all put PFMW up immediately as well.

Comments

• vangoatvangoat Member Posts: 212
    Lol I finally managed to chug my way through the battle. From the corpses I could count there were at least 8 ice salamanders, 8 greater fire elementals and around 6 glabrezus. I couldn't really see anything during the fight due to the multiple multiple multiple stacked clouds everywhere.
    jackjack
  • dashteacupdashteacup Member Posts: 52
    While zone of sweet air is bugged right now, it's still helpful for cleaning up the screen.
  • vangoatvangoat Member Posts: 212
    Ooh good idea. I'm not sure whether it's the clouds causing the lag or the ridiculous amount of enemies (they literally fill up the screen), but I'll try that.

Has anyone with SCS improved fiends done the final battle with all the demons? The problem is they seem to be able to gate in unlimited amounts of summons which can very quickly mess things up.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    I couldn't get through the second level, can't open the doors to kill the ice guardian with the gas cloud. How did you do that since in SCS the keys seem to open only one of the corresponding doors?
  • SlandeSlande Member Posts: 23
    edited March 2014
    If I don't remember incorrectly, Death Fog will kill any of the summons they produce (or has that been changed, I forget), so using Death Fog and having melee members being immune to acid helps (fire elemental should die at least). Protection from Acid either via Mage spell or the green scrolls are cheap low level ways to achieve such protection, if you are doing it in SoA. I think I used a combination of Death Fog, Incendiary Cloud and Zone of Sweet Air spam to keep them down, while I sent a melee Character in with Protection from Acid and various fire protection buffs on him killing the summoners after bringing their Pfmw down.
    vangoat said:

Ooh good idea. I'm not sure whether it's the clouds causing the lag or the ridiculous amount of enemies (they literally fill up the screen), but I'll try that.

Has anyone with SCS improved fiends done the final battle with all the demons? The problem is they seem to be able to gate in unlimited amounts of summons which can very quickly mess things up.

Which particular battle is it you are referring to? The second one with the named Fiends (The Blood Wars thing), the Demon Wraith thing, or the last fight before you leave the level?. I cannot remember exactly what I did, as it was a while ago, but IIRC silences work to stop their silencing abilities. I'm pretty sure I had spell triggers or sequencers ready for the demon battles to quickly provide AoE debuffs, while keeping summons of my own and silencing the summoners. Power Word: Silence works wonders, and the AoE Divine silence is also quite handy (especially on a Mage/Cleric for obvious reasons).
    Skaffen said:

I couldn't get through the second level, can't open the doors to kill the ice guardian with the gas cloud. How did you do that since in SCS the keys seem to open only one of the corresponding doors?

Is your problem that you cannot open the doors even though you have the keys? I ran through it with SCS on in v28 a while ago, with no issues.