Skip to content

Gorion is a Knight?

MooseChangerPatMooseChangerPat Member Posts: 148
edited February 2013 in Not An Issue
So I was playing BG from the beginning today when I remembered something I've never tried before. Often if you right click on NPCs they have very interesting things to say... but when I right clicked on Gorion most recently I was admittedly quite surprised to see this...

Gorion is a Knight?

Is Gorion actually a knight? Or was that actually a glitch? I mean it might explain why he was able to cast cure light wounds if he was like... a duel class paladin or something... if such a thing was physically possible which I don't think it is :\ I suspect they may have been originally thinking of having Gorion a knight in like their initial concepts of him or something? I honestly have no idea why or how that's in there. It could simply be they give him another npc's dialogue there.
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• TrentOsterTrentOster Administrator, Developer Posts: 433
    Bad String ref
  • MooseChangerPatMooseChangerPat Member Posts: 148
    What does that mean in Layman's terms?
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    It means that that line was supposed to be said by someone else, but it was accidentally attached to Gorion.

Though, I'm not sure if there's another NPC in the game with the same voice as Gorion. Maybe it was just an oversight when they wrote Gorion's lines.
    Right, so it was actually as I had suspected there... although in all fairness, I think it wasn't actually said by Gorion's voice actor... which was kind of odd. He was just silent for two of the left clicks, and one of them said the line about him being a knight.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    edited August 2012
    Lol, let me fire up BG1 and check.

EDIT: You're right, that line isn't even voiced.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    None of the other Jim Cummings voice in BG1 had a voice similar to Gorrion. In BG2, Firkraag's human form has a similar voice. Other than that, none come to my mind.

In fact, I can't think of any NPC in the game (or at least, no important ones) with a knight background?

Any other character with the "G"?
    Gorion... Guard... ??? (just an idea of who's the true line bearer)
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    It's actually one of Ajantis' lines.
    @Dazzu : that would make sense, thanks! :)
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    edited August 2012
    So this was a BG1 bug after all. And here we went and fixed it as if the ToB engine had messed up Gorion's text lines... One of the first things we found. ;-)

And yes it was an Ajantis line that you had a 1/5 chance of triggering. There's another buried line I found in a certain BG animal... but I'm not tellin'...
    Squirrel?
    I'm not sure, I can't remember! D:
    Oh man! That is kind of funny :D I've never actually taken Ajantis, so I never would have guessed. I'm so going to figure out which animal has this now, kukuku!
    Hint: it's a 1/7 chance to get it... :-P
    Aww man, 1/7 ._. That could take me forever to track down.
    @MooseChangerPat
    Only so many animals in the game... The 1/7 refers to action sounds rather than selection sounds, however. Gorion's hidden comment was in his selection sounds, so merely clicking on him would do it. There are 5 possible selection sounds, 7 possible action sounds slotted for every CRE...

Another hint: it's not the most rare animal in the game... ;-)
    Well that means it's clearly not cows or horses... It could be pheasants or chickens maybe... Hmm... the rarest animal in the game.

Wait, so does that mean if it's an action sound, you'd have to charm animal the thing, and then have it perform an action like moving?
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    It's not a random chance 1/7. It's more like if you right click him 7 times.
    @Dazzu
    You're right. It's only random in BGEE... BG has random selection sounds, consecutive sounds. In that case I believe it'll take five times.
  • BelegurthBelegurth Member Posts: 61
    Is monk, perhaps Paladin. Protect alignment.