Skip to content

Hail and well met

I thought it would be polite to introduce myself,
I'm Hrafn (obviously) and I'm from the Netherlands, I have been playing Baldur's gate since 1998 and I must say that sometimes I'm having a difficult time getting used to the Enhanced Edition ;) but I'm working on it. When I was younger I never found likeminded people who also were big fans of the game, it seems that now I've found them!
greetings!

Comments

• NecomancerNecomancer Member Posts: 622
    Fans of Baldur's Gate were few and far between in my youth and grew scarcer still when I grew older. Be welcomed amongst those of us who have played it forever and those who have just started! Nice to meet you, Hrafn, Relax, read a few posts and respond to any you have an opinion on, and feel welcomed.
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Hey wat leuk :) You'll find lots of nice, helpful, funny, knowledgeable and by all means likeminded people on the forums! Welkom!
  • HrafnHrafn Member Posts: 20
    Thank you Necromancer and Blackraven! By the way Blackraven is there a chance that might be Dutch as well?
    Yep, there is a chance, a 100% chance to be more precise ;)
    Hahaha okay dan! Wat grappig! Ik zag helaas geen Nederlands sub-forum ....
    Neej, we zijn met te weinig vrees ik. Bovendien zijn we over het algemeen al snel geneigd om op het Engels over te stappen.
    Inderdaad als Moses niet naar de berg komt komt de berg naar Moses, haha.
    Ach, ik denk dat de meeste Nederlanders behoorlijk zelfredzaam zijn wat betreft Engels typen.
    Ik in ieder geval wel, al is het ook wel eens fijn om in je moedertaal te typen.
    Haha inderdaad! Ik dacht alleen dat het Mohammed was (niet Moses) die weigerde naar de berg te komen :)
    Anyway ik weet niet deze NL-talige slowchat je thread ten goede komt...
    You're right! Let's switch back to English to keep it more sociable. PS;( Dat van Mohammed is nieuw voor mij, eens een keer over inlezen..)
    Cool! But I think regarding the biblical story that it actually was Moses, I must admit my knowledge of the koran is only so so to be a good judge of it though.
    I'd have to check myself. I've never had any thorough biblical or otherwise religious education, but I'm into spirituality quite a lot. Am reading the Bible at present (Exodus), so I'll soon find out I guess...
    When I was young I found the bible a tough pill to swallow, but eventually read a few chapters. After that I was more inclined to read mythological and historical/cultural stuff which became somewhat of a hobby of mine. And it still is. But I have to respect the fact that you are reading it honestly.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Guys, guys, guys... Speak common, nobody speaks Dutch :P
    (I'm kidding, obviously there are still to people left)

Also, @Blackraven‌, reading the bible, you should start with john, starting on the Old Testament could be.... Well let's just say it reads a little like genesis:) the whole bible is about Jesus, so it's best that you start with him, and work your way out. And when I say it's about Jesus, I mean that literally. The bible is the story of Jesus, from the very beginning to as close to the end as we are. If you already knew all that I hope I haven't insulted you intelligence.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited March 2014
    Hello! Welcome to the forums! They are probably the best place for outcasts of the society BG fans in the internet.
    Thanks, yes, well I'll have to see how long I can keep up with it. Exodus is still the beginning....
    meagloth said:

Guys, guys, guys... Speak common, nobody speaks Dutch :P
    (I'm kidding, obviously there are still to people left)

Also, @Blackraven‌, reading the bible, you should start with john, starting on the Old Testament could be.... Well let's just say it reads a little like genesis:) the whole bible is about Jesus, so it's best that you start with him, and work your way out. And when I say it's about Jesus, I mean that literally. The bible is the story of Jesus, from the very beginning to as close to the end as we are. If you already knew all that I hope I haven't insulted you intelligence.

No offense taken, I but naah, I wanna read the old stuff first... Cain and Abel, Abraham, Moses, Noach the last of the Antediluvians, etc. I'll get to Jesus later. But thanks for your suggestion!