Skip to content

BG2EE: Gear disappears from Bag of Holding

M0tanM0tan Member Posts: 61
Hi all.

Short description: Everything from my bag of holding gets deleted (except the items that are multiple times inside. I have 2 ring AC+1, and I end up with one) when I re-enter Waukeen's Promenade.

I have already 10 in-game days. After questing in Umar Hills, and return to Waukeen's Promenade everything inside my bag of holding gets reset. It's not happening in other parts of the city, only in Waukeen's Promenade.

I have obtained my bag of holding via console (bag04), and it contains fresh loot as well as some items I have imported from BG1.

One of many tests I have done is dropping the bag in City Gates. Visit Waukeen's Promenade and then back to City Gates. I find the bag on the floor but it's empty again.

Note (issue solved?!?!): Get all the items out of the bag. Go to Waukeen's Promenade, everything still stays in my inventory. Then travel out of Waukeen's Promenade. Add everything back into the bag and travel back. This time the bag is full, and nothing is missing.

Does anybody know why this happens? I really hope it's a one time occurrence.

Comments

• WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490
    Import a different bag (not bag04), put loot inside it, and see if that fixes the problem.
  • M0tanM0tan Member Posts: 61
    WebShaman said:

Import a different bag (not bag04), put loot inside it, and see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks for your reply.

I thought bag04 is the only bag of holding code.

But anyway, my problem has been fixed as I have described it in my Note.

• WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490
    No, bag04 is not the only bag of holding code - you can check this with EEKeeper. There are many different Bags of Holding, apparently.

As for your problem is fixed...no, it isn't. You have found a work-around, yes (and good for you!). But it isn't fixed - getting a different bag of holding will probably fix it.
    Thanks.

I will check EEKeper out.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Bag31 is the one you want, I think. (It's been some time.)
    jackjack said:

Bag31 is the one you want, I think. (It's been some time.)

Thanks, bag31 seems to be working.

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Every bag of holding you find in the game has a different item code. Technically they are treated the same way as a store is. Not sure what went wrong but I'm glad to hear you resolved it.
  • SaralainSaralain Member Posts: 8
    I discovered something with regard to items disappearing from Bags of Holding. I had this issue even with Bag31.

In the end I figured out what was causing it: I dropped a duplicate of Bag31 on the floor of the Friendly Arm Inn. From this moment on, items kept vanishing from the Bag31 that I still had in my inventory, every time I'd enter the Friendly Arm Inn.

This is likely an in-built feature of the game to avoid item duping. But it can be easy to miss if your intention was never to dupe.