Skip to content

Setting up Game this Friday Night!

GrimmChromGrimmChrom Member Posts: 19
edited April 2014 in Multiplayer
Hey you interested in playing a lighthearted game of BG:EE vanilla this friday night and regularly so forth? Then come on over and introduce yourselves in this local tavern here. Tells us the type of character you'd like to play and what you expect in the session. Try not to make it a page long essay, a few lines will do. Tell us a little about yourself and lets start group bonding!

Time? 8 or 10 PM (debatable), CET, This Friday 4-4-4

[My Character]
I'm pretty easy going when it comes to my character though and I'm more interested in filling the gaps in the group as a supportive character. If I am going to be playing the MC though I'd prefer to play the evil but not entirely evil blackguard hehehe (think evil in like I'll enjoy killing anything aslong as it profits me or annoys me but not literaly evil. Just practical is what I call it!)

My proposed protagonist: (but anyone proposing a better one gets to win and play through democratic vote!)

Name: Chrom Grimm
Race: Human
Class: Blackguard
Alignment: As described before (neutral with an inclination for bloodsport if I should define it myself)
Bio: Stoic, cynical but intelligent brute with a general desire for getting paid to kill and to feed his bhaal spirit! mwuahaha...*cough* generic anti-hero *cough*

[My Playstyle]
If nobody wants to go the moraly ambigious evil party route then I'd be more interested in the rogue or wizard type of class. I'll either be a the goody two shoes smartypants criticizing you all for bad play or you'll be shouting at my get paid first ask questions later rogue the whole time to enter melee when I am just hiding from the big baddies and waiting for that oppertune moment to backstab...No really I am! I'm not just hiding!

[Group Expectations]
As for what I expect in the game as a multiplayer session. I expect lightheared behavior with a nice bit of serious character roleplay. We're not playing to earn levels, we're playing to earn experiences as a group of adventurers. I do expect all of us to have some sort of coherent background story as to why we're all partnered up. That's what we'll be able to establish these few days before we launch the game :)

[About Me]
As for my personal life, I'm a 25 year old dutch guy that used to play BG when he was 11 (?) and never really got past Tarnesh at the Friendly Arms Inn back then. I'm a veteran right now with many runs behind me, although I never finished Throne of Bhaal...I'm hoping a good group of gaming buddies will get me that far with good spirit and jolly gaming times.

[Modding/Cheats?]
For character creation. I'm willing to allow a few bonus abilities through modding the character if everyone agrees on the changes. If you want that special kind of character or something I'll allow it aslong as it is not broken. Any mods can also be discussed but I prefer as much of a vanilla run as possible.

[Conclusion]
Let me know what you guys want in your game and lets get our party geared up!

Oh yeah and you need Skype!
Post edited by GrimmChrom on

Comments

• OtilukeOtiluke Member Posts: 13
    Hey,

if I get my copy working im really into it. I dont understand why skype though but as you wish ( I prefer writing in the game because I got weak voice). I prefer tanky warrior, gonna use some bow late game ;) Dont expect me to be intelligent heuheuheu. I prefer clean version of game so everyone get this running easly

Time is good
  • Darek_DeathDarek_Death Member Posts: 56
    edited April 2014
    I'm interested in playing a multiplayer game. I just did a singleplay run through as evil so I think I'd prefer to play as good for some variety, but I can do an evil game too if it comes to that. I'd also rather not play the leader again, but I could make a paladin if it comes down to needing one. I think I'd rather play a low chr fighter. I have Skype. I also prefer the clean version of the game.
  • GrimmChromGrimmChrom Member Posts: 19
    @Otiluke‌
    @Darek_Death‌

Nice :) I reckon we got two tanks so far! All we need more is a cleric, wizard and rogue.

Can I rightfully asume we have 2 votes for a ''good'' playthrough Otiluke?

If anyone else wants to fill these spots go ahead and let us know what you are looking for!

3 Spots left!
  • Darek_DeathDarek_Death Member Posts: 56
    I can play anything if we end up desperately needing another class.
    @Darek_Death‌ Me too man, I've got no problems playing something else :) but I prefer a hybrid tank if I get the chance
    hey we could test if I can join to your game etc... What version you have / fps rate / any portrait packs /sound packs? I actually was thinking of making empty sound pack so i could be a muted human to rpg some
  • uglyducklynnuglyducklynn Member Posts: 61
    I'd be interested in joining if you'll have me. Whether we run good, evil, or neutral I am fine with. As for my class, I'd like to try something new, maybe a human fighter to dual to mage? In most of my MP games, I just fill the void of whatever is missing. I'm also open to cleric, as they are my favorite class. But I do enjoy thieves and bards as well. If I were able I'd like to try the fighter dualed to mage though. I'd prefer to keep the game as vanilla as possible, and I have skype. I wouldn't say I'm one of the better players around, but I do have experience with the game. I'm working on a play through SoA and hopefully ToB eventually.
    @uglyducklynn‌ Ofcourse we'll have you :)

I'll call blackguard as my first choice, I'll play the good protagonists role that is trying to fight his evil bhaal side lol.
    My second choice would be wizard if nobody is interested in fulfilling the role of the wise nosed brat.
  • pinkleberrypinkleberry Member Posts: 21
    Yea Im interested. I've got a friend who might be interested too
    edited April 2014
    @pinkleberry‌ Yeah your friend is free to join in if he wants to give it a try :)

Please leave a comment if you decide to join in the game tomorrow night and tell us what role you'd like to fulfill. Lets see what kind of team we can set together! I expect to start gathering folks at around 8 or 9ish CET on Skype and we'll get started hopefuly at around the same time depending on how well hosting goes.

Send me a PM with your Skype and I'll set up a nice chatroom so we can setup things properly tomorrow night! Hope to be seeying you!
    If anyone is interested in joining a game, we're setting one up right now! If you want to join add me on skype the_blind_one and we'll get you hooked up :D
    sorry I will pass because i was so unpatient that i rushed whole game in single player : D fininshing durlags tower now
    @Otiluke‌ Ah that's too bad man, you don't want to play as a new char or something together with us? It's totaly different if you play it multiplayer (experience wise) compared to single player :D

Just imagine you can be a new char with a different story ;)
    Game Running Now!

Name: Saturday Night Game
    Password: Party
  • pinkleberrypinkleberry Member Posts: 21
    Dear The 'Mighty' Grimm Noir,

Although it is my concern that to fully accomplish the more challenging quests, we will need to acquire more assistance from some fearful travelers seeking adventure. Saying this, I have had rest and fully recovered in preparation for any more deeds that may cross our path. I shall be fully kitted up around 9 o'clock tonight if your head is the battle arena.
    I look forward to teaming up with you once again, setting footsteps to an onward journey, whilst reminiscing past journeys,

Yours faithfully,

The 'Great' Davorous
    edited April 2014
    Mr. D

Grimm has no other plans but to slaughter more gibberlings for insanely low amounts of xp and lots of bloodsport :D

He fears we will need a dedicated spellcaster though to achieve the latter parts of the game since mobbies tend to turn up in droves.

Any fearless wizard with a knack for destruction is most welcome as are any other valiant adventurers who think they are made of the right stuff.

Yours bloody,

Grimm

P.S

If you want to join tonights game (saturday 5-4-2014) from 9 to who knows, hit me on skype ''the_blind_one'' and spam me for a bit till I let you in ;) Everyone is welcome to join. We're just past the Nashkel Mines and are on our way to Larswood to stake out some bandits! You feel like scalping some heads? Then gear up!