Skip to content

Xan and Branwan playable NPCS???

Everyone who played around with EE Keeper should know that in Out of Party NPCs you find Xan and Branwen, and they figure with BG2 levels too! Are they to be found in the game? I mean, if is real, I am sure everybody would have talked about this already.

Comments

• WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490
    He does appear in Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn, but only in the tutorial, just like Branwen.

They are in the Tut.
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
    There is a tutorial? O_o

Did anyone find a way to put them in the party with EE Keeper?
    I don't know if there is a Tut in the BGII:EE version. There are movies from it, however.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    You can play the tutorial in BG:EE, it's dosabled in BG2:EE.
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    I must tell you, though, if you have a non mobile gaming platform, there are wonderful mods for both Xan and Branwen (complete with romances) made by Kuylok at Pocket Plane Studios. So you can have those lovely characters in your party again. They're very well written, compatible with BG2EE, and even banter with the BG2EE new NPC's. :)
    ^ Thanks for that! I wasn't aware of it!

*scampers off to get Branwen, his favorite NPC love-in*
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    Twani said:

I must tell you, though, if you have a non mobile gaming platform, there are wonderful mods for both Xan and Branwen (complete with romances) made by Kuylok at Pocket Plane Studios. So you can have those lovely characters in your party again. They're very well written, compatible with BG2EE, and even banter with the BG2EE new NPC's. :)

You can also have Kivan in BG2 as well, though I personally don't like how he was done. In BG1 he barely says two words but in the BG2 version the author has created this massive dialogue for him. He's just way too chatty for my liking.

• winterswinters Member Posts: 252
    Twani said:

THANK YOU. Xan's romance is one of the best, if not the best written and generally made romantic mod ever and I played the Hells out of it once. I thought about trying it again but doing so with un-enhanced version would be meh and somehow I was convinced it's not compatible with EE. OH. Can't wait to see his new banters!
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    WebShaman said:

^ Thanks for that! I wasn't aware of it!

*scampers off to get Branwen, his favorite NPC love-in*

You could also try using Vasculio's multiplayer method for importing BG1 NPCs into BG2: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/28968/using-ee-keeper-to-use-your-favorite-bg1ee-npc-party-in-bg2ee/p1 .

They presumably wouldn't have all the extra banters that a mod would typically give, but you'd be able to import them with any improved (tomed) stats that you gave them in BG1.

Imagine importing Branwen with 19 wisdom (assuming you had tracked down all 3 tomes) into BG2!