Skip to content

Why do NPCs advance far beyond my instructions after enemies are vanquished.

[I have noticed this mostly during Bandit encounters]

~After my party forms a nice firing line per instructions and dispatches the first enemy in a group encouter, instead of waiting patiently for me to advance carefully with only one well protected NPC, sometimes one or more of them boldly stride forth right up to the corpse. Which, of course, triggers another 4-5 enemies all at once instead of little by little.

Is that something normal that I have to be aware of or is the game just being perverse every once in a while??

[It really seems like most of the time -after enemy death due to a ranged attack- they just stand in place and shake for awhile...???]

Comments

• BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968

Is that something normal that I have to be aware of or is the game just being perverse every once in a while??

All of the above. Whenever you're engaged in a battle, you need to be ready with your Space bar so you can pause the game and correct any out of hand behaviour by your party members. The AI routines in these games are somewhat limited, they were made a long time ago after all.

• GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    This behaviour is caused by the original npc's scripts. If you look into their character sheet, go into personalize then scripts and then remove them. It will solve your problem :)
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    You can also toggle off all party AI using the lantern button at the bottom right of the screen. If you do this you'll need to manually order everything though.
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    The toggle button is very useful. I set the scripts for each NPC that I think will work best for easy fights/non dangerous situations, but I toggle off the AI for any critical fight or one that needs precision.
  • Eadwyn_G8keeperEadwyn_G8keeper Member Posts: 541
    edited April 2014
    OK I reset several scripts for the ranged attack option. Where can I find descriptions of the Custom [Default] setting???? [Ummm, like...Why in the world would you offer choices with no description of the default setting in the same menu?? Not sure I get what Godlike wavelength is Bioware's default settting??!! LOL-grrr]